Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: EL Dorado 9/9

Default EL Dorado 9/9

Aloha

I know it's been a loooong time since I've posted. My apologies. My health has kept me from what we all love to do. I'm grateful & praise all mighty above for my blessing of my health.

Jr & I went on an overnighter aboard the EL Dorado out of LB. First off the boat was 1hour 45 minutes late for departure. Everyone was getting impatient waiting. It was a full load of 35.
    We finally departed around 10pm we started at desperation reef with the rest of the fleet at 4:30am -7:30 flat falling for no love. 2 guys managed to get a Mako each. I'd say 60-70 lbs off dines. We then moved off pyramid & couldn't anchor cause when pulling the hook off the reef it snapped. So the deck hands had to switch it out. We drifted a few times for football BFT. I was next to the guy who hooked up first then I get bit. I got tangled with lots of lines & lost mine. The other guy landed his which was about #15. We were told nothing under #30 line with a 2/0 hook. We run & gunned it for a little while on football BFT. We then pulled up right to SCI to salvage the day with 2 hours left. We ended up getting 42 YT from 5-25 lbs. Jr & I got book ends #15 lbs. Fun warm up trip to our 2 day trip coming up in 2 weeks.

PE Tight Lines
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eldorado 9 9 2017.jpg 
Views:	411 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	50321  
    Last edited by pineapple express; 09-13-2017 at 12:13 PM.

Seems like it turned out well,wtg!

Cya Tuna Vic

Way to get out there with JR.! Nice tails!