Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 13!!!! Another memory : • 0

Default 13!!!! Another memory : • 0

Done
    My youngest daughter (Alexa) turned 13 a week ago. That's it. No more young kids in our home (teens now). In a way it makes me sad that that chapter is over

Over three years ago
    The last time Alexa (my youngest daughter) and I fished together, I took her out for a BSP festival. I filmed her landing 18 perchies on my GoPro. That's the time she ended the session with a "I'm done daddy" The girls and the family have been busy the last few years and I haven't found time to take her out since. And, I wanted her to experience some other type of fishies (butts, bass) and fishin' (throwing lures) besides sandy crabbing and "gulping" it. But she wasn't all that good at casting

Opportunity
    My wife and oldest went on a road trip last Friday and Saturday to Arizona to visit a couple of universities that my oldest daughter is considering. So it left Saturday morning open for me and Alexa to do sumpin'...
    ? Yup we decided to hit the surf and... throw lures at 'em!

Conditions
    I wanted to get her on some butts but up our way the tides weren't exciting for where I wanted to take Alexa (low and drained). I had a feeling when I saw that the birds n bait weren't showing. Yet we gave the spot a solid try. Still no hits, no nothing but... I was blown away

Gettin' 'er done
    OMG (oh my good-nah), That girl can cast like a pro!!! Somehow she gets it (I guess it's us older doods that have problems picking up stuff ).

We left the butt spot and I took her to a known YFC hang out. We had 30 minutes to fish before we had to get home so I set her to it. I had her follow me up and then back down that beach. She got hits and hooked up a couple times but immediately lost them. Just bout when I was set to call it, she hooks up again and brings in a grumpy croaky lil' YFC. Alexa is digging it.

Sorry for "blotching" out part of the pics

Doodn' it again
    She loved getting up, at 5AM, hitting MCdees, and walking the beach with her dear-old-dad. I loved it too especially now that I don't have to cast for her (I still have to unhook the fishies though ).I think I found me a new fishin' bud.

Yup, we're gunna 'dood' it again next Saturday !!!!!!!!!!

Awesome job getting your daughter stoked to fish!

Nice!!!!!!!!!

Great post, thanks!

Great way to build some memories! Dad was so excited he had surf spray on the lens of the camera! Great report and way to go keeping the Next Generation involved in the things that REALLY matter.

Happy 13th "teenager Status indeed" Birthday ... Miss Alexa!

I can see by the pic's; that your pop's posted, that you had an amazing day in the suds.

It puts a big grin on my face to see the two of my friends sharing the adventure, assaulting the enemy back in the enemies own trenches ... way deep behind the enemy lines ... ah yes indeed ... time well-spent!

My B-Day wish to you young lady is ... "May all of your heart felt dreams come true"

Pssssssst Bro Nick .... You've gotta allow Alexa to handle the fish like any other young adult ... now! lol
    It's good to be needed indeed.

PS ..... Hi to Sista C-Life!
    PSS ... This blue is for you ...

With God's Blessings my friends .....

SP Dan <"))><
    Last edited by SP Dan; 09-11-2017 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Sp

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Awesome job getting your daughter stoked to fish!

thank you Brent!

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    Nice!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks Tim (hope you and your family are doing well my friend!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ornery Bob View Post
    Great post, thanks!
    Thank you Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by Brewcrafter View Post
    Great way to build some memories! Dad was so excited he had surf spray on the lens of the camera! Great report and way to go keeping the Next Generation involved in the things that REALLY matter.
    . Yes, right on Brewcrafter!

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    Happy 13th "teenager Status indeed" Birthday ... Miss Alexa!

I can see by the pic's; that your pop's posted, that you had an amazing day in the suds.

It puts a big grin on my face to see the two of my friends sharing the adventure, assaulting the enemy back in the enemies own trenches ... way deep behind the enemy lines ... ah yes indeed ... time well-spent!

My B-Day wish to you young lady is ... "May all of your heart felt dreams come true"

Pssssssst Bro Nick .... You've gotta allow Alexa to handle the fish like any other young adult ... now! lol
    It's good to be needed indeed.

PS ..... Hi to Sista C-Life!
    PSS ... This blue is for you ...

With God's Blessings my friends .....

SP Dan <"))><
    Hi Dan:

Alexa said to tell you, "Thank you for Mr. Dan for your fun post and for telling me Happy birthday!". And I thank you too my friend - you are a special person in our life

Quote Originally Posted by vdisney View Post

Ha ha ha! you too Verne --
    Last edited by anchor3n1; 09-13-2017 at 10:47 AM.

Way to go! Nothing better than dad/daughter time wetting a line! I am really blessed that my 2 daughters(now 17 1nd 23) have always enjoyed fishing with me! Keep it up! God bless, Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ichthus View Post
    Way to go! Nothing better than dad/daughter time wetting a line! I am really blessed that my 2 daughters(now 17 1nd 23) have always enjoyed fishing with me! Keep it up! God bless, Mark

Thank you Mark! Right there with ya.

Blessing to you too!

Nick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast