Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fishing SARL tomorrow. any advice??

Default Fishing SARL tomorrow. any advice??

Hello everyone.
    I've fished SARL for trout in the past, but never for catfish. I'm gonna be taking my 12 yo son and 5 of his buddies tomorrow morning. Was hoping if anyone here could help me out with some advice on bait and where they might be biting.
    During the day, do they tend to stay close to shore or retreat to deeper waters? Feel free to PM me as well. Thank in advance for any replies!

I haven't fished there in many years, but I used to do ok with cut mackerel and my usual trout gear.

Here's an incredibly poorly designed website that despite being impossible to read has some decent info. Lake Guide Eddie

I suggest you click and drag your mouse over the text to make it readable.

You came onto this site asking advice, and didn't post a report.
    First advice fish catfish at night.
    Second piece of advice, post a report, especially if you ask for advice. Maybe someone would guide you to a spot. We all want the kids to pick at fish. The site is dying for the lack of reports.

Sorry, had a busy weekend. Was gonna come back to the website today to post the report. We had 6 poles in the water for a few hours in the morning and not a single bite. Using the marshmallow/mealworm combo. We fished by levitz corner. I saw one cat being pulled out near the boat docks, but that was it. At least the kids had a good time hanging out and grabbed come good grub at farmer's boys next door.

Levitz is a good spot as is the docks, I personally like the bubble hole. I've never fished Chris's pond but I've heard some great results. Shrimp works great, you don't need to cast out too far particularly in the evening. Thanks for the reply