Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 9/6/17 report

Default 9/6/17 report

Got to the lake around 0615 and needed to get inspected, the inspection booth was open and I passed with no issues. Launched just after 0630. Only 1 boat ahead of me and another boat showed up as I was leaving the dock. only saw a few boats all day..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0745.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	50308
    I like to fish stripers and I like to fish them with bait. Well I ended up fishing bass and cats instead.
    Didn't meter any stripers to speak of today.
    water temp was 79-81. I looks like they dropped the water a few feet in the last couple of days...
    fish count
    4 LMB
    2 SMB
    12+ Catfish
    0 stripers...
    Sorry about the sideways pics. My photobucket account does not work anymore...

Name:	IMG_0755.jpg 
Views:	622 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	50309

Name:	IMG_0758.jpg 
Views:	536 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	50310

Name:	IMG_0763.jpg 
Views:	558 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	50311

Name:	IMG_0750.jpg 
Views:	481 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	50312

Quote Originally Posted by dixoncider View Post
    Got to the lake around 0615 and needed to get inspected, the inspection booth was open and I passed with no issues. Launched just after 0630. Only 1 boat ahead of me and another boat showed up as I was leaving the dock. only saw a few boats all day..

I like to fish stripers and I like to fish them with bait. Well I ended up fishing bass and cats instead.
    water temp was 79-81. I looks like they dropped the water a few feet in the last couple of days...
    fish count
    4 LMB
    2 SMB
    12+ Catfish
    0 stripers...

Looks like a fun day!!! How big were most of the catfish?

12" to 24" so what maybe 5 or 6 pounds biggest..

Thanks for the timely report, and nice looking bass and catfish. The water looks good, some green moss/algae in the one cove picture.
    I'm dying to fish Pyramid, probably won't happen until mid October. Maybe the stripers will get active by then.

Thanks for the report, confirms what my experience has been this summer at Pyramid. After two really good years (2014 and 2015), the past two years have been very slow on the stripers -- both in numbers and in size. Maybe all the nutrients and/or shad have been flushed down to Castaic with all the water. Either that, or people keeping way too many of the 1-lb mini schoolies and not letting them grow.

Good to hear that *something* is biting up there.

Thanks for info,seems like a pretty good day,nice looking conditions.

Cya Tuna Vic

fish count
    4 LMB
    2 SMB
    12+ Catfish
    0 stripers...

still, very nice catches and great report. Im planning of doing some fishing up there in the next couple of weeks, how do I land them stripers? any tips would help.

Quote Originally Posted by B@$$[P][M][P] View Post
    still, very nice catches and great report. Im planning of doing some fishing up there in the next couple of weeks, how do I land them stripers? any tips would help.
    I have been a few times since this report, striper action has been slow for me ... The best tip right now would be to go to Castaic

I have been a few times since this report, striper action has been slow for me ... The best tip right now would be to go to Castaic
    Same here. Just not as much shad in the lake as in years past. I'm also seeing a few floating stripers, bigger ones, so unlikely to be bad gut-hook releases.

The stripers are there, mostly in the channel, but just nothing like before. Tons of bass fry everywhere, though.