Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: What going on?

Default What going on?

Happy Holiday everyone.

What going on?

What the report? plan to troll for striper this weekend.

Troll will be the way to go unless they sneak a trout plant in this week.

I haven’t been out in a couple weeks might go out there Sunday. I would troll and see if you meter any fish and try to drop some bait on them. I might just drift cleghorn with some bait maybe 2 cranks off the bottom and pitch lures until your arm feels like it’s gonna fall off.

Default silverwood 12/29/2017

Quote Originally Posted by phelanfisher View Post
    I haven’t been out in a couple weeks might go out there Sunday. I would troll and see if you meter any fish and try to drop some bait on them. I might just drift cleghorn with some bait maybe 2 cranks off the bottom and pitch lures until your arm feels like it’s gonna fall off.
    Went out on Friday, meters hundreds of big and small fish out in the middle of the lake in front of he inlet.
    The water is 90 to 120 ft deep but the fish is suspended in 60 to 75 ft deep.

I troll and stripping 3/0 size fly, feel little thump here and there but nothing hooked, decide to change my fly to size 1 and that where thing got crazy.

i might have hooked up 30 or more dinks all day, nothing worth keeping. All the fish is almost a 1/4 lbs

Be awhile before i go to that lake again.

Happy New Year Everyone and hope 2018 bring you a fishermen luck...

Quote Originally Posted by fishchum View Post
    Happy Holiday everyone.

What going on?

What the report? plan to troll for striper this weekend.
    I was there Friday. Metered a lot of fish in 70-90 feet down at the inlet but only got one small one on a nightcrawler.

I was there on Friday and metered a lot of fish in 70-980 feet of water near the inlet, but only caught one little striper.