Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WON TroutFest 2017

Default WON TroutFest 2017

Anyone planning on fishing the TroutFest this year? I have no idea why WON moved it from October to September, and marketed it like it was a good thing. It's been a hot summer and the water is still hot for trout fishing. Local fisherman and guides are having very difficult time catching trout. The water is just too hot! Any thoughts or comments on this? My prediction is this will be a very low attended event and may be the end of the TroutFest for WON, unfortunately.

---Mike

I went 3 weeks and it was totally dead. But I will be at troutfest.

Yes this was a very bad decision to move the date from a cool Oct to a hot Sept!! If you followed WON on other tournaments and their attitude in general. All's I can say is, "Here's your sign!!"
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-06-2017 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Yes this was a very bad decision to move the date from a cool Oct to a hot Sept!! If you followed WON on other tournaments and their attitude in general. All's I can say is, "Here's your sign!!"
    What's WON?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    What's WON?
    It's a Right Wing News Cell, posing as a legitimate source of Hunting & Fishing News. If you don't believe me, go back and read the editorial section this past year. (it was shocking!!) The editor was nothing more then an Russ Limbaugh surrogate. W stands for Western, O for Outdoor and N for News. (Western Outdoor News) It was more propaganda then news! Yes I know, WON should have been spelled W.O.N. but the OP called it WON and who am I to disagree with anyone on here!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-06-2017 at 04:02 PM.

The latest lake limno report from yesterday shows lake is basically 69-F or more. It's crazy for WON to have changed dates. One rumor going around is because people were complaining it was "too cold" in Big Bear in October to fish!

----Michael

Don't waste your time. No one is catching trout here and the DFW is barely stocking little dinks that they put in Jenks and SAR. WON says they're going to stock $15,000 worth, but after talking to all of my dock friends and lake patrol, it hasn't happened yet and no one is catching trout. I'm on the lake bass fishing 3 times a week and have only witnessed 1 trout being caught near the dam. It was tiny! I caught a couple holdovers in the 3lb class back in early July (nice red meat) and those 2 fish hit my bass baits. Rumor has it the lake hasn't had a decent stocking in 2 years. Oh well, it beats working.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastroll View Post
    Don't waste your time. No one is catching trout here and the DFW is barely stocking little dinks that they put in Jenks and SAR. WON says they're going to stock $15,000 worth, but after talking to all of my dock friends and lake patrol, it hasn't happened yet and no one is catching trout. I'm on the lake bass fishing 3 times a week and have only witnessed 1 trout being caught near the dam. It was tiny! I caught a couple holdovers in the 3lb class back in early July (nice red meat) and those 2 fish hit my bass baits. Rumor has it the lake hasn't had a decent stocking in 2 years. Oh well, it beats working.
    Putting $15K worth of trout would be so stupid to do right now. Save the $$$. It's too damn hot!!

Any other with reports or comments on Big Bear Lake fishing? Who else is planning on attending the tourney?

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    It's a Right Wing News Cell, posing as a legitimate source of Hunting & Fishing News. If you don't believe me, go back and read the editorial section this past year. (it was shocking!!) The editor was nothing more then an Russ Limbaugh surrogate. W stands for Western, O for Outdoor and N for News. (Western Outdoor News) It was more propaganda then news! Yes I know, WON should have been spelled W.O.N. but the OP called it WON and who am I to disagree with anyone on here!!! lol
    Been a subscriber of WON since it was .25 cents an issue at the news stand. Though the stories are delayed a week I have always enjoyed the fishing reports from Cali and Baja. Excellent pro tips and "how to's" have enlightened me to bass fishing over the years. With that said, the editorials are pro gun (obviously) and anti-liberal which go hand-in-hand. I try to ignore politics when it relates to my enjoyment of the outdoors and know both sides of the political spectrum have positives and negatives.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast