Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Republicans have some "Splaning" to do about Hurricane Harvey!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Why is this the typical response once your claims are shut down by real statistics.

Are you going to respond to any of the claims that were used to shoot down all your points?

Or are you gonna use one of Etuck's responses to respond to? (Thanks, eTuck, the FNN piņata)
    shoot down? I could care less about all this science data it's hogwash. I believe what I want to believe. I'm not too concerned with global warming. So go hug a tree if you want. I will keep riding my 2 strokes and running my chainsaw.

I hug the Tree of Knowledge. Its name is "Science."

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    I could care less about all this science data it's hogwash. I believe what I want to believe.
    Nuff said.

shoot down? I could care less about all this science data it's hogwash. I believe what I want to believe. I'm not too concerned with global warming. So go hug a tree if you want. I will keep riding my 2 strokes and running my chainsaw.
    DarkShadow already brought up this point but it is so important. He and I don't have any children, but the most likely people who do. Are the one most likely to express Chucky's belief. Yet their children and descendants are the ones who are going to be the ones who have to suffer the consequences from that belief.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-08-2017 at 06:55 PM.

This also comes down to another simple concept, no matter what we have done as humans to affect earth we do not have more power over weather than mother nature. So arrogant are we that we believe our power is that strong.

This is the crux of the problem on so many levels

You believe weather and climate come from your invisible friend, Mother Nature, who is so powerful nothing can touch HER.

I believe weather comes from the atmosphere and while the atmosphere is large, it's definitely not so large that we can't affect it. We've done it many times in many different ways, as any student of history knows. Heck, even something as silly as jet contrails (which is humans messing with the atmosphere) affect the weather as we discovered after 911 shut down air traffic for three days.

If moaning about mother nature makes you feel good, then go for it, but don't act like it's anything other than an emotional response to a rational situation.

All of human activity is about changing Nature. We burn it down, pave it over, bulldoze it flat, and a million other things whenever and however it pleases us and the atmosphere is no different. We can screw up the atmosphere just as easily as we screw up everything else. If you say it's not possible to screw up the atmosphere because it belongs to Mother Nature, then you need to go outside more often.
    Last edited by Ornery Bob; 09-08-2017 at 07:08 PM.

Well put, Ornery Bob. That is what I think too. We humans have been messing with nature for thousands of years. How can anyone think that we are having no effect on it? That doesn't mean that humans override nature, but we are part of this planet and we are altering it.

Chucky seems like one of the nice ones among conservatives, but that last statement of his is such a classic case of denial of evidence, that I may want to use it in the future as an example of willful ignorance.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 09-08-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Well put, Ornery Bob. That is what I think too. We humans have been messing with nature for thousands of years. How can anyone think that we are having no effect on it? That doesn't mean that humans override nature, but we are part of this planet and we are altering it.

Chucky seems like one of the nice ones among conservatives, but that last statement of his is such a classic case of denial of evidence, that I may want to use it in the future as an example of willful ignorance.
    Willfull ignorance? Brother please. We have North Korea to worry about and you guys are worried about global warming.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Nuff said.
    Dodgers are winning

Willfull ignorance?
    Well, after a non sequitur like this:

Brother please. We have North Korea to worry about and you guys are worried about global warming.
    I'd lean more towards wanton stupidity on your part.

We didn't have to worry much about North Korea until the you know what grabber in chief decided to tweet his way into a conflict. I still don't think there is much chance of actual war with North Korea. Nations use nuclear weapons as bargaining chips and ways to impress their people.

And yes, anybody who says that the science is hogwash and he believes what he wants to believe is being willfully ignorant. Climate change will definitely be a major issue for all of humanity. Kim Jong Un's antics will most likely become a footnote in history (hopefully, but he is a strange one).

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast