Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Republicans have some "Splaning" to do about Hurricane Harvey!!!

I do have a sense of humor but I didn't say fool to be cool, Steelhead. I said it because it was in the other member's name, so why not? LOL

If you read another thread (now deleted I think), you might have noticed that Eric and I are very similar in age, both having been born in 1959 -- not young but not that old, either. From some things you said, I figured you are a few years older.

Regarding these supposedly random storms, Chucky, it appears that they may not be so random after all. Harvey was the third "500 year storm" in the Houston area in the past 3 years. By the way, my vacation in July when we travelled across various states was unusually rainy. As it turned out, it was both hotter and wetter than average in July, which is as expected with global warming. Here is the article courtesy of my eldest brother. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d4f71c7b2725

And don't forget, Irma is a category 5 already, which is rare, and on its way toward Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    And don't forget, Irma is a category 5 already, which is rare, and on its way toward Florida.
    Nobody and I mean nobody can predict weather. There is forecast for cloudy skies tommorrow blah blah blah. Survey says...... only god knows

Global warming. I have some ocean front property in Arizona I will sell.

An explanation so simple even a conservative like Chucky can understand it......

From Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey, Episode 12 - "The World Set Free" (available on Netflix)

Rush Limbaugh just claimed that massive, destructive hurricanes are a Liberal conspiracy to sell more batteries and water, and to push the climate change “hoax”.

I dunno, I'm like Chucky. I tend to believe Rush Limbaugh more,then let's say, NASA:

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Weather forecasting is apparently another hoax, according to Chucky.

But the main point that I am making is that the intensity of the storms we are seeing is likely due to global warming.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Weather forecasting is apparently another hoax, according to Chucky.

But the main point that I am making is that the intensity of the storms we are seeing is likely due to global warming.
    2 storms of the Century 3 weeks apart. Hmmmm!!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    2 storms of the Century 3 weeks apart. Hmmmm!!
    It's comments like these that make 'climate change' an easy concept to debunk.

Next thing we know, a Trumpanzee is going to chime in that this year was the coldest winter on record, and thus the discussion gets taken down to a kindergarten level, because "how can the earth be warming when I was freezing last year."

Apparently eTucker didn't watch the video MolluskMouth posted above. Etucker, "Keep your eye on the man. Not the dog."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    It's comments like these that make 'climate change' an easy concept to debunk.

Next thing we know, a Trumpanzee is going to chime in that this year was the coldest winter on record, and thus the discussion gets taken down to a kindergarten level, because "how can the earth be warming when I was freezing last year."

Apparently eTucker didn't watch the video MolluskMouth posted above. Etucker, you're following the the dog. Follow the human.
    I did follow the Human!! Human said, "the oceans are warming." So more catastrophic events like Hurricanes will be more common in the future! A funny thing about where these Hurricanes are more likely to strike. (Red States!!!) I wonder how long it will be before they cry uncle?? (admitting there is something to this Climate Change hoax!!)

With all the money their going to have to send to Texas & Florida for Hurricane relief. I wonder if they can still afford to do their Tax (Cuts, Reform or Giveaway to their donors!!)
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-06-2017 at 03:03 PM.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast