Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Republicans have some "Splaning" to do about Hurricane Harvey!!!

I didn't say anything apocalyptic, nor do I believe that the situation is apocalyptic, Chucky. I just said that there are some gloom and doomers who are that way. I don't think humanity will be wiped out, because we are very adaptable, and also, can use science to figure out ways to ameliorate the problem in the long run. Perhaps there are methane eating bacteria that can be used. Scientists are already exploring such solutions.

Making bad deals with people who pretend to have your best interests at heart is how society has become so unequal, with such enormous wealth disparities.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    I didn't say anything apocalyptic, nor do I believe that the situation is apocalyptic, Chucky. I just said that there are some gloom and doomers who are that way. I don't think humanity will be wiped out, because we are very adaptable, and also, can use science to figure out ways to ameliorate the problem in the long run. Perhaps there are methane eating bacteria that can be used. Scientists are already exploring such solutions.

Making bad deals with people who pretend to have your best interests at heart is how society has become so unequal, with such enormous wealth disparities.
    Making bad deals ? Which one are you speaking of. Fast and furious, the plane full of money to Iran ? I could go on. Where doe it end.

Quote Originally Posted by lady quagga View Post
    your projection of clueless stupidity is only reinforced with each of your posts. :thumbs up:
    Quote Originally Posted by chucky View Post
    making bad deals ? Which one are you speaking of. Fast and furious, the plane full of money to iran ? I could go on. Where doe it end.
    Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Quod Erat Demonstrandum
    Thanks for the QED. Latin is dead. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    In that way it's a lot like your brain. I mean, given your thought-processes on this thread and all......

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    Don't try telling that to a Catholic Priest when he's giving a pray, baptism, blessing or some kind of sermon!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-09-2017 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    In that way it's a lot like your brain. I mean, given your thought-processes on this thread and all......
    You are awesome. You almost hurt my feeling

No Chucky, I am speaking for instance of banksters who tell us they will take care of our money supply, then make money out of thin air and charge people interest for it, or business moguls who use advertising to become household names, and make everybody all comfy going to their many megastores while they make off like bandits and buy politicians, etc. etc.

And if we are super unlucky, one of them becomes enough of a celebrity and rich enough to get massive attention for running for president while pandering to the racists and sexists, and xenophobes among us, and manages to slither his way into the presidency by winning the electoral college while losing the popular vote.

I think the Iran deal was a good one, as far as I can tell. I don't even know what Fast and Furious is, but if you want to be nitpicky and cherry pick bad stuff to highlight, you can make anyone look bad.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 09-09-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    No Chucky, I am speaking for instance of banksters who tell us they will take care of our money supply, then make money out of thin air and charge people interest for it, or business moguls who use advertising to become household names, and make everybody all comfy going to their many megastores while they make off like bandits and buy politicians, etc. etc.

And if we are super unlucky, one of them becomes enough of a celebrity and rich enough to get massive attention for running for president while pandering to the racists and sexists, and xenophobes among us, and manages to slither his way into the presidency by winning the electoral college while losing the popular vote.

I think the Iran deal was a good one, as far as I can tell. I don't even know what Fast and Furious is, but if you want to be nitpicky and cherry pick bad stuff to highlight, you can make anyone look bad.
    Dang dude. Wow. You need to check stuff out. Fast and furious. Really you don't
    Know about this? The Iran deal was good? Why.

The Iran deal is helping to contain Iran's military ambitions. They agreed not to develop any nuclear weapons. Yeah, it was a deal, so they sent some stuff to Iran. As I recall, the cheaters in your chosen party made a deal to help Ronnie Raygun become president, by making a huge deal of the hostages held in Iran in 1980 during the campaign, then telling Iran to hold onto them until Reagan was inaugurated. They were super suspiciously released the moment that Reagan was inaugurated. Whatever compromise the Obama administration made with Iran was not immoral and pales in comparison to the immoral actions that the Reagan campaign did to get him elected. Carter was actually a pretty good president, and as a former president, he still rocks.

My best guess on Fast and Furious is some something I heard about that involved trading guns with Mexicans or some such. This was overblown by dittohead conservative talk show hosts as though it was something horrible, kind of like the witch hunts they have been going on over Benghazi and so forth. So if I don't remember it clearly, it's because it wasn't worth wasting my time trying to remember that trash.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast