Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Republicans have some "Splaning" to do about Hurricane Harvey!!!

Government is the only thing that can counteract the power of corporations to redistribute wealth to themselves. Yes, Obamacare is an example of that.

And there are the future effects of the tax bill if we are ever to pay down the debt to consider, as Eric mentions. A study by the Congressional Budget Office about 12 years ago examined the effect of lowering tax rates by 10% in all brackets. They found that it would result in a net transfer of wealth to the rich, to be paid for down the road by other, not so rich Americans. This study is mentioned in Wikipedia under the Laffer Curve. Here it is. I know about this because I just wrote about the Laffer Curve a few days ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laffer_curve

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Silly?
    You don't even know me. I am left of center for sure, but only because the right has gotten so convoluted and corporate controlled. I don't believe that a revolution and going back to the 50's for a country supposedly so advanced from everyone else is a good thing. We need to be leading the progression into the future and not trying to fight the entire world to go back to when 'white' people had 'better control'. Those days are long gone and the faster people wake up and realize it, the better off this entire planet will be. I was half joking when I commented back in November that we'd be in a nuclear war within a year and imagine that???? This is scary for my kids and grand kids and I feel we are on an extremely dangerous isolated dictatorship path currently with two classes RICH and POOR. This is what they want and are doing with willing people that can't see past the hate and fear to realize it.. yes, the Democrats suck too, but I never felt that the planet was threatened by them. Don't get me started on the hypocrisy of the 'evangelicals' the 'family values' party is once again in bed with a sexual assaulter and child molester (Moore & Trump). What a complete farce and tax scam. Organized man made religion will be downfall of this entire planet and unfortunately there's a lot of crazy a-holes in power that feel it's their obligation to assure the 'rapture' happens on their watch.
    I by no means think that the Democratic Party is anything but the anti Republican Party. Our government needs cleaning up, NOT DESTROYING. We won't make it through if that's the case. Not these days. We can't keep putting all reason, morals and ethics to the side. These people are our representatives and they need to start acting like it. They're passing a f'd up tax plan just to do 'something' that will be the largest transfer of wealth 'EVER" and people seem to think this is a good idea...WTH? If you're a Republican, just say you think our country is better off being run by greedy corporations and religious wackos and be done with it. At least man up and admit it.
    Are you an atheist? If so this explains everything.

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    I can't wait for you to expand on this idiotic remark......

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    I can't wait for you to expand on this idiotic remark......
    I can’t wait for you to post a fishing report.

I can’t wait for you to post a fishing report.
    Ah, because me posting (another) fishing report will somehow clarify your ongoing blatant stupidity in General Discussion.

Gotcha.

And so once again, do you care to expand on the following idiotic remark?

Good on you for reciting Nancy and Chuck's talking points. I will take whatever cuts I can get the next ten years. If there's one thing the partisan congressional budget office is good at it's making the wrong projections. You must think there is a science to all their madness?? Seeing as to how you golden heart libs are so adamant at helping others how about you put your money where your mouth is and take any and all excess tax refunds the next 10 years and take it down the street to your struggling neighbor and hand them a check?? Just because it doesn't jive with your alternate reality don't assume that others are not going to benefit from this tax plan.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Steelhead, they really are taking your money and giving it to Corporations!!! Their giving most people a small Tax reduction up front and then slowly take it all away in 8 years. But the Corporate Tax cut's are permanent. They have 1.5 Trillion up front to do that with. But after 8 years the Corporate Tax reduction (which is permanent) has to be paid for by you and me!!! (For Real) Our Tax's go up to pay for the Corporate Tax cuts. That's why it really is a redistribution of wealth. The poor and middle class pay for Corporations Tax reductions. That's the rule under Budget reconciliation which the Senate is using to pass Tax Reform. It has to be revenue neutral after 10 years. In other words, after 10 years the Tax reduction to the Corporations can't add to the Federal deficit, so somebody else has to pay for it. (you and me)

Apologies by you are in order!!! lol

Did you not realize how "Evil" Republican policy's really are???? This Tax Bill is designed to pay off the Rich Republican Donors!!!!!

Senator Grasely just came out and said it last week. He said, the Rich are deserving of a Tax cut because they saved and invested their money. Working class people live Pay check to Pay check and spend their money on "BOOZE WOMEN" and going to the movies. So they don't deserve a break!!! He really said that!!! Things like that aren't reported on Fox News for obvious reasons.

Or did you believe the lies????

The President said, "this is a middle class tax cut." People like me are going to hate me for doing this but I don't care. The Repeal of the Estate Tax will save the Trump family 1 Billion dollars!!!!!! Not counting all the other savings!! He's down right lying to your face and hoping you don't find out the truth!!!

This might be another example of how the GD section kills off members of FNN. Steelhead was very naive of what was in the tax bill. Once it was pointed out to him, I'm sure he's a little embarrassed!!! Some prideful people might fall on their sword and leave FNN over something like this.

Steelhead we don't want you to leave!!!!

The people that remain in the GD section are pretty knowledgeable on what's going on. So just do some research before you make your comments.

You are correct about Obama Care being a redistribution of wealth. It's the Robin Hood scenario, the Rich giving to the poor in the way of Health Insurance. That's a progressive tax based on the ability to pay. (which the Rich can easily afford) This Tax plan is just the opposite, the poor and middle class pay for the Tax reductions of Corporations and Rich people. (which they can't afford but the Republicans just don't care!!) That to me is EVIL!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    Good on you for reciting Nancy and Chuck's talking points. I will take whatever cuts I can get the next ten years. If there's one thing the partisan congressional budget office is good at it's making the wrong projections. You must think there is a science to all their madness?? Seeing as to how you golden heart libs are so adamant at helping others how about you put your money where your mouth is and take any and all excess tax refunds the next 10 years and take it down the street to your struggling neighbor and hand them a check?? Just because it doesn't jive with your alternate reality don't assume that others are not going to benefit from this tax plan.
    Now I understand why LQ refers to you as steelplatehead. What does my religious belief have to do with any of this? Your comment of "give your EXCESS tax REFUND to your struggling neighbor" is stupid as hell because you just said I paid excess taxes to do just that and never complained about it either. If I overpaid, then good on me, AT LEAST I PAID, unlike most of the morally bankrupt corporate shills you support. If you give a rats ***** about any of your kids or grand kids, how can you support the total destruction of the planet for money. Yea, you'll get a nice paycheck while polluting and killing any future our kids and grand kids my have. For every coal job lost, there's been 10 in green energy (wind & solar) produced. I know, I've worked in the power and refining industry for all my life. We have lost a lot of our work to solar and wind, but I'd gladly find another way to make money over killing everyone and everything, even if they increase my taxes to do it. Call me a liberal or whatever even though I've voted both sides in the past, but call me compassionate, empathetic and caring, which NOBODY on the right can say these days. The GOP is a big disgusting joke right now. The 'Family Values' Molestation Party. By the way, I hope every single politician that has been abusing women gets exposed, fired and imprisoned if it warrants, including the president. Left, right and up the middle. ALL OF THEM!
    If this makes you feel that I'm an atheist, then you really need to do a check on whatever religion you consider to be yours.
    Last edited by Brent; 12-11-2017 at 11:13 AM.

Umm...... That was Chucky who thought you seem like an atheist from your comments, Brent, but I know that it can difficult to distinguish between some of these people based on their comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Umm...... That was Chucky who thought you seem like an atheist from your comments, Brent, but I know that it can difficult to distinguish between some of these people based on their comments.
    I noticed that too.

But as you pointed out, those dullards think alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    I noticed that too.

But as you pointed out, those dullards think alike.

I dunno.

1 actually tries to use his 'research,' (and i mean that loosely) as back up to his statements.

The other? Well, scroll up to see the type of analysis and discussion methods he uses.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast