Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Republicans have some "Splaning" to do about Hurricane Harvey!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Government is the only thing that can counteract the power of corporations to redistribute wealth to themselves. Yes, Obamacare is an example of that.

And there are the future effects of the tax bill if we are ever to pay down the debt to consider, as Eric mentions. A study by the Congressional Budget Office about 12 years ago examined the effect of lowering tax rates by 10% in all brackets. They found that it would result in a net transfer of wealth to the rich, to be paid for down the road by other, not so rich Americans. This study is mentioned in Wikipedia under the Laffer Curve. Here it is. I know about this because I just wrote about the Laffer Curve a few days ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laffer_curve
    It was known in the 1980's as the laughable curve, after President Reagan tried to implement it and it failed badly to do the things it promised. A theory is just a theory till someone tries to make it work. In 1978 at Cal State Fullerton when I was an undergraduate Business Administration student. My Economics book had a full chapter devoted to the Laffer Curve, as if it actually might work if implemented.

A point I made on this board several years ago to the Conservative members on here. (Who spent all their time bashing President Obama policies.) Was to wonder, "what would the Republicans do if they controlled the Federal government??" 1 year later under Trump and a Republican Congress we got our answer. THEY WOULD DO EVERYTHING WRONG!!!!

These same Conservative members came to the same conclusion as I did and instead of hanging around here and face the music, they "RAN FOR THE HILLS" instead!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-11-2017 at 07:29 PM.

Nobody brought religion into the conversation Brenty boy but you're welcome to divulge your sexual orientation too if you find that liberating. So to sum it up you're a presumptious, self righteous, know it all AS#HAT that thinks he is the next coming of mother Teresa and oh you have all the answers to the world's problems... about right? On the whole molestation thing since you're keeping score aren't the scales tipping way to the left? So blind liberal logic strikes again, everyone that doesn't agree with my liberal thinking is a JOKE! Good one ya big joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Now I understand why LQ refers to you as steelplatehead. What does my religious belief have to do with any of this? Your comment of "give your EXCESS tax REFUND to your struggling neighbor" is stupid as hell because you just said I paid excess taxes to do just that and never complained about it either. If I overpaid, then good on me, AT LEAST I PAID, unlike most of the morally bankrupt corporate shills you support. If you give a rats ***** about any of your kids or grand kids, how can you support the total destruction of the planet for money. Yea, you'll get a nice paycheck while polluting and killing any future our kids and grand kids my have. For every coal job lost, there's been 10 in green energy (wind & solar) produced. I know, I've worked in the power and refining industry for all my life. We have lost a lot of our work to solar and wind, but I'd gladly find another way to make money over killing everyone and everything, even if they increase my taxes to do it. Call me a liberal or whatever even though I've voted both sides in the past, but call me compassionate, empathetic and caring, which NOBODY on the right can say these days. The GOP is a big disgusting joke right now. The 'Family Values' Molestation Party. By the way, I hope every single politician that has been abusing women gets exposed, fired and imprisoned if it warrants, including the president. Left, right and up the middle. ALL OF THEM!
    If this makes you feel that I'm an atheist, then you really need to do a check on whatever religion you consider to be yours.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    Nobody brought religion into the conversation Brenty boy but you're welcome to divulge your sexual orientation too if you find that liberating. So to sum it up you're a presumptious, self righteous, know it all AS#HAT that thinks he is the next coming of mother Teresa and oh you have all the answers to the world's problems... about right? On the whole molestation thing since you're keeping score aren't the scales tipping way to the left? So blind liberal logic strikes again, everyone that doesn't agree with my liberal thinking is a JOKE! Good one ya big joke.
    Let's say you are keeping score on the Sexual abuse issue. Even at this time if the abusers as you say, "are tipping way to the left." It's clear now, the Dems have adopted a "ZERO TOLERANCE" of sexual abuse from it's members. Can the Republican party say that???? Let's see what happens if Roy Moore is elected to the the US Senate. My guess is they will turn a "blind eye" to the whole thing, just like they did with President Trump!!! If they do, the Republican party will go from the party of family values to the party of sexual abusers!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-12-2017 at 08:18 AM.

Stick to fishing and leave the politics out. We have the Democrats to blame for fishing closures - plenty blame to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by TOMCOD View Post
    Stick to fishing and leave the politics out. We have the Democrats to blame for fishing closures - plenty blame to go around.
    Their is a section for General discussion here on FNN that have nothing to do with fishing. People who go there know that and it's no Big Deal! It's pretty obvious you lean towards Republicans. With that being said, "what is the big thing that Republicans have been saying ever since the Pandemic hit and their was all these restrictions?" "FREEDOM" even at the cost of Public Health!

It seems you don't like the First Amendment when it comes to FREE SPEECH! I respect your right to disagree with the format on here. However, ever since I've been here for a decade, it really hasn't hurt the website if people bring up other topics besides fishing. Since this was your first post and it wasn't about fishing. Try writing up a Fish report on here and be a contributing member. You might like it.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-13-2021 at 09:48 AM.

At least Democrats want to protect our environment for the sake of our future, and are trying to protect our fisheries as part of that effort.

At least Democrats want to protect our environment for the sake of our future, and are trying to protect our fisheries as part of that effort.
    special interest are found equally on both sides of the congress and the only focus is on their future

Quote Originally Posted by capoisok View Post
    special interest are found equally on both sides of the congress and the only focus is on their future
    You could not possibly be implying that the environmental policies of Republicans and Democrats are the same? That is clearly in no way true. Just look at their records and policies. The Trump administration just spent 4 years tearing down environmental regulations. One of the first things that the Biden administration started doing was to bring back whatever environmental regulation it could.

Cool!! Orange man bad.I just paid 4.40 a gallon for gas. Pat yourself on the back

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast