Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Republicans have some "Splaning" to do about Hurricane Harvey!!!

Default Republicans have some "Splaning" to do about Hurricane Harvey!!!

First let me say, "All Help" anyone can do to help the victims of Hurricane Harvey should be done!!!! That includes individuals, charity's, the government (Local, State and Federal) and any agency's to are prepared to do so. My complaint is with some of the Republican politicians who in the past were "Heartless Bastards" when it came to previous Hurricanes in other parts of the country. Now that it's in Texas or those same people are a little Higher up in the Governmental food chain their singing a slightly different tune!!!

(For once I don't have any complaints against President Trump on this matter)

With that being said, let's go over some of the two face Bastards we are seeing or hearing about on the teley (TV) when it comes to Harvey. Let's start with VP Pence, he seems to be so caring about victims of this Hurricane now that's he's the VP. What was his attitude about previous Hurricanes and what about the relief being offered from the government to the victims. When Katrina hit in 2005 to the state of Louisiana, Congressmen Pence said there was too much "PORK" being offered to the victims of Katrina!!! I believe it was also him who said, "any money sent down there" should come from reducing spending on another Federal program!!! What a cheap Bastard!!! Every time I see him on television now in Texas, I know really where his heart is at!!! He's just a lying piece of work!!!

Now let's get to the Federal Congressmen from Texas. (Both Senators & Representatives) When Hurricane Sandy hit New Jersey a few years ago, every single Texas Congressmen voted "NO!! not to send any additional money to the people victims of Hurricane Sandy in New Jersey!!!! Do you think they have the same attitude now about Hurricane Harvey???? Can we all say "HYPOCRITES OF EPIC PER-PORTIONS!!!!" At least Governor Rick Parry stood on his principals when he refused the ObamaCare Money!! Do you think these Texas politicians will try to refuse the Federal Relief Money's???? I doubt it!!! What will be really interesting to watch is how they will vote on the next Hurricane relief aid in a different state.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-02-2017 at 07:41 PM.

Actually, Harvey was almost certainly global warming enhanced according to scientists, so you can also blame it indirectly on cavalier attitudes toward the environment, which are so common among climate change denying Republicans.

A second point is that preparation and prevention are far more effective and efficient, according to studies, than reactive measures after a disaster occurs, but the photo ops and the appearance of doing stuff to help people looks better to most voters than infrastructure projects which might ameliorate such disasters.

Meanwhile, it may not be long before that next big hurricane hits, with Irma heading for the east coast...

That would really be a litmus test for these Texas politicians, if the U.S. is so unfortunate as to have another major hurricane hit so soon.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 09-02-2017 at 08:44 PM.

You are both idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by bmachale View Post
    You are both idiots.
    Said the man who voted for Trump!!!! lol

Ok being serious now!!! What is the difference of a Hurricane victim who lives in New Jersey or Louisiana compared to Texas????? I don't see any difference but VP Pence does and so does Senator Cruz!!! Or all the Republican Congressmen from Texas!!!!! Think about it and give me a "REAL" good answer back!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-03-2017 at 10:25 AM.

Regarding the Katrina money, read the bills they were loaded with Pork that the Dems wanted. I hope the same thing doesn't happen with Harvey. It's unethical to attach a bunch of unrelated items to these relief bills.

Quote Originally Posted by augnmike View Post
    Regarding the Katrina money, read the bills they were loaded with Pork that the Dems wanted. I hope the same thing doesn't happen with Harvey. It's unethical to attach a bunch of unrelated items to these relief bills.
    I wouldn't worry about pork with the Republicans controlling both Houses of Congress and the Presidency!! Being a Conservative is being a tight wad!! (to a Conservative the only good spending is on the Military) Now about the unethical part, "I looked up unethical in American politics." It said to talk to any Republican about how to win elections. They wrote the book on unethical tactics!!! lol Not counting our latest addition to the Supreme Court.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-03-2017 at 02:27 PM.

There must be a sale today at the conservative think tanks, on baseless insults.

Let me add another aspect to this story. Houston was a developers dream on deregulation. (it was one of the most unregulated places in the whole USA to build) So some of the damage could have been migrated away with stricter building codes. Along with their infamous Dam!!! It was voted on as one of the 6 most dangerous Dams in the United States. So it got to a point where they had to release more water and destroy thousands of more homes beyond repair. Just to save the whole dam from bursting and really make this even more of a disaster then it already was, if that was even humanly possible!!! My suggestion for the future when it comes to building things, "Don't cut corners to save a few bucks!!"

Yes, Eric, Texas is a world leader in lack of regulation, and now they are paying for it. That's what you get when you let profit oriented business run things.

All you liberals have some more crying to do....

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast