Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Republicans have some "Splaning" to do about Hurricane Harvey!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    Why are you so bitter? Cheer up. They will win. I didn't jinx them. They suck right now. The earth will continue to warm and we all will die.
    Don't think what you just said in your last statement was only sarcasm!!! (The earth will continue to warm and we will all die) There is a new theory starting to gain some tracking, on what would happen to the earth when the permafrost is defrosted by Global warming. It goes something like this, the newly defrosted permafrost would release a tremendous amount of trapped co2 into the atmosphere. Setting off a chain reaction that would cause a mass extinction of Mankind!!! It's a pretty new theory so there hasn't been a whole lot of scrutiny to it in either direction.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-09-2017 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Don't think what you just said in your last statement was only sarcasm!!! (The earth will continue to warm and we will all die) There is a new theory starting to gain some tracking, on what would happen to the earth when the permafrost is defrosted by Global warming. It goes something like this, the newly defrosted permafrost would release a tremendous amount of trapped co2 into the atmosphere. Setting off a chain reaction that would cause a mass extinction of Mankind!!! It's a pretty new theory so there hasn't been a whole lot of scrutiny to it in either direction.
    Yeah. And the Aztecs thought when there was an eclipse the world was ending too. Sounds like you will buy into anything. Would you like to buy some colorful rocks in exchange for your house?

Actually, the new theory is that melting of ice will allow huge amounts of methane gas to be released into the atmosphere, perhaps CO2 also, but methane is an even stronger greenhouse gas than CO2, so the effects will be exacerbated. Most climate scientists are not saying that it will kill off all the humans (although some gloom and doomers do), but the problems of global warming will worsen. My environmental scientist brother has told me about this as well as it being on online sources. It's not just a theory, either. Methane is being found leaking into the atmosphere at unprecedented rates in arctic areas, and atmospheric levels of methane are increasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Actually, the new theory is that melting of ice will allow huge amounts of methane gas to be released into the atmosphere, perhaps CO2 also, but methane is an even stronger greenhouse gas than CO2, so the effects will be exacerbated. Most climate scientists are not saying that it will kill off all the humans (although some gloom and doomers do), but the problems of global warming will worsen. My environmental scientist brother has told me about this as well as it being on online sources. It's not just a theory, either. Methane is being found leaking into the atmosphere at unprecedented rates in arctic areas, and atmospheric levels of methane are increasing.
    Everyone run for your life!! Nothing we do can change it. Give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    I will trade you 3 wooden sticks for your car. Deal?

Yeah. And the Aztecs thought when there was an eclipse the world was ending too. Sounds like you will buy into anything. Would you like to buy some colorful rocks in exchange for your house?
    I think we are a littte bit more advanced on Science then the Aztecs were!!! lol

Why are you so bitter? Cheer up. They will win. I didn't jinx them. They suck right now.
    Wow, you're as sharp as a marble.

Gotta love when idiots equate Mesoamerican mysticism with science.

Everyone run for your life!! Nothing we do can change it. Give up.
    Denial coupled with defeatism. The Koch brothers have programmed you well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Wow, you're as sharp as a marble.

Gotta love when idiots equate Mesoamerican mysticism with science.

Denial coupled with defeatism. The Koch brothers have programmed you well.
    I will trade you 1 matchstick. For 10 head of cattle. Deal?

I will trade you 1 matchstick. For 10 head of cattle. Deal?
    Your projection of clueless stupidity is only reinforced with each of your posts.

As my hero Abe Lincoln the lawyer could do in arguing both sides of a dispute. People on here that are climate deniers are not alone. Only 9% of today's Republicans are concerned with climate change. Furthermore they are not helped by Right Wing pundits and Radio and TV personality's preaching their malarkey. Get this, that overweight blow heart Russ Limbaugh lives and Broadcasts his vile propaganda from Florida. In the first part of the week, he was saying Hurricane Irma was a Left wing hoax. A vehicle the Left was using to further promote their agenda on Climate Change. (He should have lived up to his convictions and rode the storm out!!) Instead he ran like a little ***** on Friday and said he had to leave for security reasons!!! Let see what he say's next week, after the Hurricane decimates parts of Florida!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-09-2017 at 04:07 PM.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast