Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: On the KOLONOMA

Default On the KOLONOMA

Met up with Frank and Robert at Jeff house at 3am to some local fishing , launched out of long beach by 4 and headed to pick some big sardines from the bait barge the we attempted to make bait , you just call me the Mackerel killer unfortunately these bad boys were big a little to big for what we were hunting for we did get a few decent size, we headed out about 5- 6 miles and started trolling a couple dines , frank hooked up instantly (what else is new ) iim pretty sure i hooked up too buttttttttt as i found out towards the end of the day you really had to let them run with the bait before setting the hook other wise it was strike and a miss , it was a low teens yellowtail for Frank and he made quick work of it ,
    we continue trolling robert hooks up another yellow tail and i hook up into something big, i had a screamer it would just not let up it was getting close to spooling me so tighten up on the drag and pop there she went !! damn it .for the rest of the day that was the trick that produced consistently, i manged 2 nice cudas in the morning , Robert picked up a couple cudas and some nice size bass with some bonito too,frank killed the yellows all day , great weather all day, there was a lot boat traffic but Jeff stayed away from it great day on the Kolomona as always man i do love fishing i just cant get enough ,Thank you Jeff for the invite frank and Robert it was a pleasure
    fish count was
    14 yellowtail
    3 barcudas
    2 big calicos
    2 big sandbass
    2 bonito

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7945.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	50289Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7933.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	50290Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7938.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	50291Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7948.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	50292Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7937.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	50293Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7936.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	50294
    Last edited by luckyjr21; 08-31-2017 at 03:07 PM.

Thanks for the post Jaime!

Nice job guys, glad everyone had fun.

The video....

Yup,I'd say that was a great day,wtg guys well done!

Cya Tuna Vic

Looks like a great time!

Looked like a fun trip ><> Mahaloz for sharing Loved the video...

PE