Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why Not Introduce a Real Striper,Tilipia and Carp Predator

A damn excellent point!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Hooker View Post
    Here is a list of states with excellent fishing opportunities:
    Mississippi
    New Mexico
    Alabama
    Louisiana
    Maine
    Montana
    Tennessee
    West Virginia
    South Dakota
    Arizona
    Kentucky

Coincidentally ii is also a ranking list of the "welfare" states who are most dependent on federal subsidies from the "earner" states like California. Do you think all of the TVA dams were built by conservative trolls? It was FDR and progressive politicians. Who do you think cover TVA's losses? Which states contribute the most when storms hit the Gulf Coast's Redneck Riviera? Yep, California's "left wing liberal tofu eating daily enema smoothie drinkers."

You're welcome.
    I love how this comment was completely overlooked.

Because yes, I'm gonna move to Alabama because I love to fish.

GTFOH!

I have other 'life variables' outside of my hobbies that I look to before I decide where to move.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

GTFOH!

I have other 'life variables' outside of my hobbies that I look to before I decide where to move.
    Come on DS, why not move to Mississippi? Sure your neighbors attend Klan rallies and burn crosses and nobody bats an eye, but goddamn is that bluegill fishing OUTSTANDING.

I love the people who move out of state and can't wait to tell you how great their move was. If your move was so great, you wouldn't still be trolling fishing boards from California.

Speaking of which - hey Dev! How's the move to North Carolina coming along? Got your bags & flags packed yet?

Sometimes im shocked around here, especially at Perris, how good the fishing can be with all the pressure. Got to tip my hat to all the "CPR" guys. You know, catch....put the fillet knife away.....retreat. Or is it catch..photo..release??? Either way the fish is released to fight another day.

5. Default

Interesting. I used to fish and live near a lake that underwent Tiger Muski introduction for purposes of rough fish control.

Lake Merwin in Washington had a large number of northern pikeminnow (squawfish was the prior name). They are known to prey on salmon and steelhead fry, and thanks to the dams, have it fairly easy gorging on such fish. Interestingly, the pikeminnow is a native fish. To control the numbers of them, the WDFG introducted Tiger Muskis. Lake Merwin saw a reduction in pikeminnow numbers, and also an increase in anglers looking to target a fairly novel species, without much predation noted on others.

That being said, much of that is hearsay, I haven't seen too many reports to back that up. But, I do know, anecdotally, that pikeminnow are much harder to catch up at Merwin than before Tiger Musky introduction, and that many anglers do travel up there, providing economic benefits to the area, just to catch muskys.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

GTFOH!

Texas. Florida. Two awesome states with awesome fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    Texas. Florida. Two awesome states with awesome fishing.
    I hear Harvey, TX and Irma, FL are gorgeous this time of year......

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    I hear Harvey, TX and Irma, FL are gorgeous this time of year......
    And real estate prices are very reasonable....!

The recent bluefin tuna stocking by the DFG has worked out well... right? When are they coming to DV? It's a complicated game. I don't fish Castaic often, but stoked to see the smallies in there- kwin, put 'em in Silverwood already! those Flats at DVL are a little spooky if you have fins and swim underwater.... maybe they ate the bronzebacks in DVL? cousin of the bull shark :) house prices are reasonable in Hemet, too, if you don't mind a little meth and stuff, not a big deal I hear

Quote Originally Posted by bassnet View Post
    I don't fish Castaic often, but stoked to see the smallies in there
    The worst part about that? It's not the DFW that did that. It was the bucket brigade that transported a lot of them from Pyramid.

Kwin, can you confirm that there isn't any stocking of smallmouth at Castaic? I'm sure you could.

Because if there was, that'd be the biggest W as far as stocking that the DFW has done, since a lot of anglers are stoked of the population of smallmouth, and are actually catching them.

Can't wait for the confirmation, as it seems that the smallmouth catches at Castaic have been the best news to come out of that lake since the early 90s, and of course, not looking at the DFW reports, the best news to come out of our local lakes in a long time. Meanwhile we have brown trout that are being fed to the stripers at DVL. And you wonder where your license money is going to.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast