Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Not Introduce a Real Striper,Tilipia and Carp Predator

the list of restricted fish species in California are attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture X.JPG 
Views:	159 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	50295   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture XX.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	50296   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture XXX.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	50297  

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    the list of restricted fish species in California are attached.
    Too bad Morone saxatilis aren't on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Too bad Morone saxatilis aren't on that list.
    I don't see Peacock bass on there so we're good! Let's throw those guys into DVL and call it a day.

Bull shark are great predators and can tolerate freshwater. They put up a great fight too.

I say you put Bull sharks, Muskies, Northern Pike and walleye in just a " few " of your lakes. Oh wait, Peacock bass too as they just destroy your tackle. And this way all the species listed and the fish currently in your lakes - can all be on the same list.......non native fish that were stocked in your lakes. Lets be fair and lets be " keepin it real "......... the only native fish in the high elevation lakes are golden trout, right ? Its too bad the left wing liberal tofu eating daily enema smoothie drinkers in the powers to be cannot find their head as it is stuck in a dark cavernous area of their body. Just leave Calif guys, the fishing gets alot better the further away you get from those boat inspections.

Here is a list of states with excellent fishing opportunities:
    Mississippi
    New Mexico
    Alabama
    Louisiana
    Maine
    Montana
    Tennessee
    West Virginia
    South Dakota
    Arizona
    Kentucky

Coincidentally ii is also a ranking list of the "welfare" states who are most dependent on federal subsidies from the "earner" states like California. Do you think all of the TVA dams were built by conservative trolls? It was FDR and progressive politicians. Who do you think cover TVA's losses? Which states contribute the most when storms hit the Gulf Coast's Redneck Riviera? Yep, California's "left wing liberal tofu eating daily enema smoothie drinkers."

You're welcome.

That's the wonderful part about living in this nation.......you can live and move where ever you want

Quote Originally Posted by shinbob View Post

(It's a tiger, not a pike -- you can see the stripes)
    Juvenile pike have the bars on the side and look a lot like tiger muskies.
    I made the same claim on one of Docs epic post and said it was a tiger musky, but as usual, he was right. It was a juvenile pike.

Quote Originally Posted by muskyman View Post
    I say you put Bull sharks, Muskies, Northern Pike and walleye in just a " few " of your lakes. Oh wait, Peacock bass too as they just destroy your tackle. And this way all the species listed and the fish currently in your lakes - can all be on the same list.......non native fish that were stocked in your lakes. Lets be fair and lets be " keepin it real "......... the only native fish in the high elevation lakes are golden trout, right ? Its too bad the left wing liberal tofu eating daily enema smoothie drinkers in the powers to be cannot find their head as it is stuck in a dark cavernous area of their body. Just leave Calif guys, the fishing gets alot better the further away you get from those boat inspections.
    It's more of the population vs how many bodies of water that rules the fishing.
    Fishing in Minnesota and Tennessee would suck too if there were this many people and this few lakes there.
    This area is a natural desert. Only Clear Lake and Lake Elsinore are really natural lakes (excluding the high mountains), the rest are man made reservoirs. Clear Lake is an awesome fishery, but Elsinore, not so much. Look at where they are located and the size of the lakes and that will also tell you why there's better fishing at Clear Lake than Elsinore as well.
    I respect your decision to move to Tennessee, but that's not my cup of tea so to speak. Anywhere it snows and I have to shovel snow to go to work during the winter....I'm out!
    I grew up on the Texas Gulf Coast and the fishing there is off the charts, but it's because there are so many and such large lakes that pressure isn't as big of an issue.
    I could catch 3 pound bass all day out of the dang ditch (10 feet across) by my house there.

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBasster View Post
    Bull shark are great predators and can tolerate freshwater. They put up a great fight too.
    I say great idea for Perris, Castaic, Pyramid and Silverwood to thin out the lake lice!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast