Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your thought

There should never be another draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssortasober View Post
    That's an interesting thought, care to elaborate on the subject?

Why Tuck, can't that statement stand alone? Seems pretty simple to me. For some the service is a way to a better life.
    Nobody should be forced to serve, it would only produce a less effective force. Our forces need to know each member has a dedication to protect each other. Forced enrollment facilitates a less motivated staff. After 911 enrollment swelled. Those members were a force to be reckoned with.

Why Tuck, can't that statement stand alone? Seems pretty simple to me. For some the service is a way to a better life.
    Nobody should be forced to serve, it would only produce a less effective force. Our forces need to know each member has a dedication to protect each other. Forced enrollment facilitates a less motivated staff. After 911 enrollment swelled. Those members were a force to be reckoned with.
    I just wanted your opinion because you are not a radical!!!!

PS As my hero Abraham Lincoln was able to do when he was just a Lawyer in Springfield Illinois. He could argue either side of a dispute depending on who hired him!!! You gave the motivated solider argument vs the conscript army. Both can be effective as a fighting force though. As proven in previous wars!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-03-2017 at 07:25 PM.

In Israel it's mandated, 2 years of service after high school. I never want to see my kids in the armed forces unless that's what they want. Personally, I'll pay for my kids to go to school so they graduate without the burden of college debt. My oldest is a senior this year at UCI. It's financially difficult but the ends justify the means.

In Israel it's mandated, 2 years of service after high school. I never want to see my kids in the armed forces unless that's what they want. Personally, I'll pay for my kids to go to school so they graduate without the burden of college debt. My oldest is a senior this year at UCI. It's financially difficult but the ends justify the means.
    Napoleon was the one who truly got the conscript army concept going. Prior to that it was small professional army's of Europe who fought against each other. Once Napoleon Democratized war, every other country in Europe followed suit!!!

Do you think that we ever did need a mandatory draft in our armed forces ? I wonder if voluntary service would have served the purpose, it dose now.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    Do you think that we ever did need a mandatory draft in our armed forces ? I wonder if voluntary service would have served the purpose, it dose now.
    Our enemy's are growing!! If the USA had more new long term commitments like in Afghanistan. It could one day need and a Draft again. (That's just my opinion)

Another idea that they tried a little in the past and maybe more in the future is, "the privatization of the military." In Iraq they used contractors for security. (Black Water) The founder was Eric Price, (brother to Betsy De Voss) he recently floated an idea to Trump to take over the war in Afghanistan. (The price would be 10 Billion a year!!) It didn't get very far but that's one way to never have to see a draft again!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-05-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Old Pudd Fisher, put it on your car with pride! Thank you for your service and God bless you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast