Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Is trolling any good this time of year?

Default Is trolling any good this time of year?

I'll be staying there Thurs and Friday nights. Wondered about trolling Friday morn?

Thanks MUCH

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    I'll be staying there Thurs and Friday nights. Wondered about trolling Friday morn?

Thanks MUCH
    Trolling has always been productive at that lake. The reports I've been reading in planning my own trip there, say's troll right down the middle toward the Dam is the way to go!!! Otherwise use a slip bobber and drift with the wind. Either way you will do better then most!!

The lake is down 13 feet, so the trout triangle is 22 feet deep and too warm for trout (it's down to 69*, from 72* a few weeks ago). The dam area is where all the boats are and it's extremely slow. If you listen to the reports, you'd think it was decent, but unless you plan on fishing for carp or bass, it's the worst trout fishing I've ever seen in my 55 years. Silverwood is my backup lake, but they have an algae problem. Good luck and tight lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastroll View Post
    The lake is down 13 feet, so the trout triangle is 22 feet deep and too warm for trout (it's down to 69*, from 72* a few weeks ago). The dam area is where all the boats are and it's extremely slow. If you listen to the reports, you'd think it was decent, but unless you plan on fishing for carp or bass, it's the worst trout fishing I've ever seen in my 55 years. Silverwood is my backup lake, but they have an algae problem. Good luck and tight lines.
    Is Silverwood any good for trout? I remember the great Del West days when it was like Diamond Valley and everybody had hopes it would be the SoCal Crowley. Then the stripers ...

Algae problem? Nope not currently last checked no algae issues at Silverwood. Silverwood is not good for trout this time of the year, there may be a decent holdover population but don't think they are too active right now, water still too warm. Lot's of trout planted last couple years but I just don't target the trout there much during the warmer months.