Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any rainbows or brownies being caught?

Default Any rainbows or brownies being caught?

... Or is it just bass and stripers?

Used to be some great ... fat trout being caught

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    ... Or is it just bass and stripers?

Used to be some great ... fat trout being caught
    Our angler survey shows no one is currently trying to catch trout. They should be around and easy to target. Water has been 68 degrees with 5 mg/l dissolved oxygen at the thermocline all summer. I did catch about a dozen chromed trout to 4 lbs in late June/early July.

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    Our angler survey shows no one is currently trying to catch trout. They should be around and easy to target. Water has been 68 degrees with 5 mg/l dissolved oxygen at the thermocline all summer. I did catch about a dozen chromed trout to 4 lbs in late June/early July.

Do you know how deep the cline is?

Quote Originally Posted by titos334 View Post
    Do you know how deep the cline is?
    July profile showed 7-8 meters

July profile showed 7-8 meters
    Kwin,

Thank you for your valuable information. It is great to have you as a resource!

Where the Browns at?!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Where the Browns at?!
    Cleveland........

Sorry, but I have to ask. You caught a dozen "chromed" holdover trout up to 4 lbs in late June/July? Boy, I must be missing something. I used to fish for holdover trout up until 2010, when it finally turned into a lost cause. Trolled the west dam with leadcore between 40-50 feet and did pretty good, but after that year.......NADA! I only catch an occasional striper on my "silverside" spoon which worked well for the holdover trout back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobigal View Post
    Sorry, but I have to ask. You caught a dozen "chromed" holdover trout up to 4 lbs in late June/July? Boy, I must be missing something. I used to fish for holdover trout up until 2010, when it finally turned into a lost cause. Trolled the west dam with leadcore between 40-50 feet and did pretty good, but after that year.......NADA! I only catch an occasional striper on my "silverside" spoon which worked well for the holdover trout back then.
    I caught these fish trying to catch panfish above the thermocline. I was not trolling and happened upon them by accident. The bite held up for about 2 weeks then it went away when it got real hot.

Give that the water quality and stratification are the best they have been in a long while, it might be worth trying again.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Where the Browns at?!

dead most likely

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast