Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Nice Day at Skinner

Default Nice Day at Skinner

A co-worker and I hit Skinner earlier this week. The lake was pretty much quite with only a few boats on the water. We fished all day and caught several fish deep drop shoting on robos and senkos. Had to fish painfully slow. We also had luck fishing various points on spinner baits and chatter baits. This lake is new to us so we spent alot of the day graphing. I did notice that boaters like the inlet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0816.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	50324  

One of my favorite lakes, the guys at the inlet are fishing for striper with anchovies. Bass fishing is great from the tullies to the ledges and points all over the lake. Sounds like you figured them out pretty good. Jerk baits work well too but if they will hit a spinnerbait why fish anything else... #JimmyHouston haha

Those are some purdy bass. Fish are looking healthy this year.

Quote Originally Posted by twin22s View Post
    One of my favorite lakes, the guys at the inlet are fishing for striper with anchovies. Bass fishing is great from the tullies to the ledges and points all over the lake. Sounds like you figured them out pretty good. Jerk baits work well too but if they will hit a spinnerbait why fish anything else... #JimmyHouston haha
    Amen brother Jimmy!
    Love getting smashed on spinnerbaits