Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Rude Day On The Lake

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Rude Day On The Lake

I fished Skinner yesterday. There must me a tournament today. Yesterday there were several boats on the lake with power poles on the back of them.
    No fishing etiquette at all. I believe if someone is either fishing a small stretch of reeds or in a small cove, you don't come in and fish the opposite direction and meet them half way.
    I fished tournaments in the Midwest that that type of behavior will either get you shot or an *** whipping at the dock.
    I hope everyone of them have the same type of day today that I had yesterday.
    Nothing but small fish.

Bummer Dale. The inlet gets like fishing from a cattle boat with guys casting over one another.

I don't do tournments , the thinking fisherman changes once a $ is put in front what they do on the water . Tournaments are for sponsors suppliers , with fisherman show casing there products . Look at guys on boats , head to toe with product patches . Boat slathered with stickers . NASCAR on the water have I done tournaments yes . I done a few , I have been involved several forms of competition, Motorcycle Drag Racing 15yrs Gokart Racing 10yrs . They compare greatly in style and substance. Fun and dollars don't go hand in hand .
    Last edited by Fourtogo; 08-26-2017 at 05:49 PM.

It's a Cali thing, too many rats in the cage and the cage (lake) is too small doesn't even require money for some to lose all sense of courtesy.

Yup. Folks forget that little Skinner is so small compared toPerris and DVL.

Apparently the min distance they must maintain from other boats doesn't apply during pre-fishing, haha. I personally don't mind when another boat fishes the opposite side of the cove I'm in as long as when he gets close he knows he is the one that must back off as i come down the bank. sounds like he may have spoiled the spots you were going to hit but the attitude of "hey i was going to fish there" is equally as selfish. I'm sure he got too close and that is rude, but had you both been wacking 5lbers 25ft from each other the attitudes of both might have been a little different.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    It's a Cali thing, too many rats in the cage and the cage (lake) is too small doesn't even require money for some to lose all sense of courtesy.
    Winner winner chicken dinner!
    Too many dang people

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Too many dang people
    Contact mines, my friend.

It'll be like minesweeper, but on the water. Only the people who know what the 1s, 2s, and 3s actually mean move onto the next round.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Too many dang people
    Actually the problem isn't too many people .... The problem is ignorance to the laws governing all lakes rivers and coastal waterways by the people using these waterways either for recreation or fishing ... HOWEVER ... When the agency/s fails the general public in effective policing of our local resources peoples safety and way of life is
    seriously at risk! Since P/C is the norm these days why not require any person who captains any motor vessel to have to take and pass a boater safety course and be licensed to operate that vessel! It's my view that the time has come for such a measure because frankly i'm sick of screaming at people WHEN THEY RUN OVER MY ******* LINE!