Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Good times at Guasti!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Good times at Guasti!!!

Boy you sure don't hear any thing about this place any more any where. So I was flying a little blind in here, sorta of!!! I use to fish here a lot and had a lot of good day's and some bad day's but overall a good experience. I haven't been here in the last 3 years but its like riding a bike. (you don't forget what you learned) I had a fellow FNN'ER with me for this adventure. I was telling him while we were waiting at the gate how a few times in the past they stocked the small lake on the property. (in the past that wasn't very common) Lo and behold when they let everyone in the gate most peopled headed for the small lake. (Momma didn't raise no "FOOL!!") If everyone is running toward something or in the case of a terrorist attack, running away from something. Just stick your head down and go with the flow!!! I know the good spots in that lake and in my opinion the best spot was still available. So we jumped on it quick!!!

Phil and I were both using slip bobbers so it was easy to cover a little ground. Since they stock every Thursday, Memorial Day to Labor Day I expected some quick action. I wasn't disappointed!!! Phil got bit on his first cast before he could even cast his second pole. His missed it, but he got bit on his second cast also. Missed that one too!!! He finally hooked a nice 2 1/2 pound catfish on his third cast. Phil was using Shrimp and I was using meal worms. To say we had steady action for the next 3 hours, would be a very accurate assessment. My problem was I kept missing these things. I had upwards of 10 good catfish bites and hooking very little. Thank God Phil came through like a Champ!!! He caught an easy limit of 2 1/2-3 pound catfish. These were nice fish and he caught them all on Shrimp. Me I'm going back to the drawing board. The season is about over for that place but it has some definite potential!!! I talked to a guy who 2 weeks ago caught a 27 pound limit of catfish in the big lake by the dock. Even though the Season is about over, I'm going to put this place back on my Radar for next season. It is a pay lake, $12 for a fishing permit + parking. However, the quality is excellent!!! I didn't see any 1 pounder caught, everything I saw was 2 pounds and up. That's it for now. I got criticized by a certain pinnapeed for being too wordy in my last fish report. lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 08-25-2017 at 05:07 PM.

That's pretty cool,I've fished there a couple of times myself,but it's also been quite awhile,thanks for the report sounds like it's worth a revisit.

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    That's pretty cool,I've fished there a couple of times myself,but it's also been quite awhile,thanks for the report sounds like it's worth a revisit.

Cya Tuna Vic
    If Glenn has recovered enough from his trip up North, we may hit it again this coming Friday.