Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  Last Chance Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Accurate Spinning Reels

Default Accurate Spinning Reels

Has anyone used or have any thoughts on the Accurate line of Spinning Reels? I have given up trying to cast conventional. This has kept me from going on long range trips. So what about those Accurate Twin-Speed reels from the SR 6 though the SR 50? Please don't try and teach me how to cast, believe me many have. Thanks for the replies, I hope.

I'm learning to use conventional reel as well, and I know the feeling. I don't have any experience with Accurate, but another proven alternative is Shimano Stella.

Those are some pricey reels, but I hear they are machined well and can stand up to big game.

That is what I am looking to find out, hopefully someone who has used them on long range trips. So far radio silence. Thank you so much for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosehunter51 View Post
    ...hopefully someone who has used them on long range trips. So far radio silence.
    I think you're getting radio silence simply because not many people use a spinning reel to chase big game.

There are many advantages that a conventional reel gives over a spinning reel.

That is true also, just hoping someone would know. Accurate has a good name, just would be an expensive mistake.

Accurate Twin Speed, Shimano Stella are both good brand and good quality. I personally have not use them before but I did use Daiwa Saltiga Dogfight 8000 size which pretty much the same level of spinning reel with both accurate and shimano. 66 lb drag and a very smooth drag.
    On the side note if you like to use spinning reel for fly lining live bait I would suggest Shimano bait runner Thunnus Ci4 which will be a much easier application when you flyline your bait but if you're a person who like to throw artificial like irons or popper then those 3 options above will be your best bet for big game. By the way Shimano bait runner is actually at a more price friendly range. Good Luck.