Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Change Up Yeilds Legal

Default Change Up Yeilds Legal

Where to go,and what to throw was the question.
    Could have hit the 8 shorts spot first where I caught them the other day, but remembered a place where I did catch some bigger one,s before,when I did catch them there, which was few and far between though.
    Also remembered what i used to throw there, so instead of the usual drop, tied on a three inch swim bait .
    Four casts into it, would like to say SLAM, BAM, but it felt like a snag !!!
    Then trying to pull and reel in, WOW !!! felt LIFE on the line, :shock: Fish
    comes to the surface with weed on it, flops its tail above the surface and
    MAN !!! this is a big one !!! Good thing the weed was on it because it could not run into structure, Carefully letting the surge bring it in while slowly reeling,because I only had a 1/4 oz. jig head with the swim bait. Get it on the sand and know THIS IS A LEGAL !!! Thank you,s went to Heaven, I can tell you that.!!!

I've definitely had those surprise fish, just not that big!

Thanks for the report!

Nice,that looks like one "angry"legal! Wtg

Cya Tuna Vic

Solid fish Daniel, congrats