Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boobies and Bluefins on the Kolomona 8/20 at the Coronados

Default Boobies and Bluefins on the Kolomona 8/20 at the Coronados

Arthur, Jeff, Alex, Vu and I launched out of Dana Landing Launch Ramp in San Diego roughly at 3 AM on Sunday, August 20th.

But not before we stumbled upon a couple fornicating on the dock at the launch ramp! It was clear to say we interrupted them. They got dressed quickly and we hopped on the Kolo and headed to the bait barge.

Arthur and I get some shut eye while the rest of the guys got us out to the Coronado Islands.

I woke up to the sound of bonito slapping the deck that Vu landed on the troll line, then got sea sick shortly after.

I'm still waking my a** up crawling out of the cabin and Jeff hooks something up and handed me the rod. After a few of minutes of pulling, I pull up the first Bluefin Tuna for the Kolomona this season! Thanks Jeff!

The bite slows down so we decide to troll some more for another Bonito.

We saw some sporadic boils with BFT leaping out of the water and we decided to fly line some sardines. And even with seals surrounding the boat, Jeff hooks up and lands the second BFT of the day!

Soon after Arthur hooks up and hands the rod to Alex for some action. He pulls up a nice Yellowtail.

A little later, Arthur and Alex each manage to land a 3rd and 4th BFT for the Kolo!

The Kolomona ended up with a fish count of 4 BFT, 1 Yellowtail and 2 Bonito. It was a good day. And it all started with some boobies for good luck...

Here are some pics, Jeff may add a video.

Arthur gave Jeff a new gaff.

Poor Vu.

Food photos from Vu.

Wow,I can't think of any other words,the pics of both trip and eats are awesome,thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic

Nice report and awesome trip!

What is your spinning setup? Reel size, line, rod size/action?

I have a Saltist for surf fishing in Mexico and am interested in getting into the inshore/offshore fishing and it looks like all I need is a rod to get started. Ha, get started, famous last words my wife loves to hear.

Mike

I was parking the truck and MISSED THE BOOBIES!!!!

Other than that, it was a fun day. Glad to have finally put the first tuna on the Kolo this year!

Enjoy the video:

Quote Originally Posted by Dci4me View Post
    Nice report and awesome trip!

What is your spinning setup? Reel size, line, rod size/action?

I have a Saltist for surf fishing in Mexico and am interested in getting into the inshore/offshore fishing and it looks like all I need is a rod to get started. Ha, get started, famous last words my wife loves to hear.

Mike
    It's a Saltist 6500H with a Phenix 8' 20-50lb. It has #65 braid with #20 topshot.

I use it for light stuff and also with straight braid and #80 flouro for popper fishing.

Man, I'm glad I got to reel in one fish before I got wiped out.
    Don't know what happened, I wore the patch and everything.
    Thank you Jeff, you were superb as always. Nice to fish with Quang and Alex, thanks for sharing your catch with me.
    Arthur, you are a class act always and thanks again for the invite. I'll do better next time.

Vu

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    It's a Saltist 6500H with a Phenix 8' 20-50lb. It has #65 braid with #20 topshot.

I use it for light stuff and also with straight braid and #80 flouro for popper fishing.
    Thanks for the reply! Appreciate it.

Very nice session guys.
    I knew it would just be a matter of time before the Kolomona put some tuna on the deck..
    Thanks for sharing a report with pics.
    Robert
    <><

The kolo strikes again , great job out there guys some solid fish ,

Wow beautiful. That Poke looks so GOOD!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast