Arthur, Jeff, Alex, Vu and I launched out of Dana Landing Launch Ramp in San Diego roughly at 3 AM on Sunday, August 20th.

But not before we stumbled upon a couple fornicating on the dock at the launch ramp! It was clear to say we interrupted them. They got dressed quickly and we hopped on the Kolo and headed to the bait barge.

Arthur and I get some shut eye while the rest of the guys got us out to the Coronado Islands.

I woke up to the sound of bonito slapping the deck that Vu landed on the troll line, then got sea sick shortly after.

I'm still waking my a** up crawling out of the cabin and Jeff hooks something up and handed me the rod. After a few of minutes of pulling, I pull up the first Bluefin Tuna for the Kolomona this season! Thanks Jeff!

The bite slows down so we decide to troll some more for another Bonito.

We saw some sporadic boils with BFT leaping out of the water and we decided to fly line some sardines. And even with seals surrounding the boat, Jeff hooks up and lands the second BFT of the day!

Soon after Arthur hooks up and hands the rod to Alex for some action. He pulls up a nice Yellowtail.

A little later, Arthur and Alex each manage to land a 3rd and 4th BFT for the Kolo!

The Kolomona ended up with a fish count of 4 BFT, 1 Yellowtail and 2 Bonito. It was a good day. And it all started with some boobies for good luck...

Here are some pics, Jeff may add a video.

Arthur gave Jeff a new gaff.

Poor Vu.

Food photos from Vu.