Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stick a fork in it!

Default Stick a fork in it!

Looks like this site has suffered the same as many other sites, too bad it was fun while it lasted. RIP
    Oh & to help any of you others out there...Castaic has been boiling for a while and fishing well in the A.M. & the afternoon is hit n miss every other day.
    Last Thursday fish boiled in many spots from 11am to 2pm, but Friday there were only a few spots that popped up - I tell you every day is different!
    Good luck everyone!

Thanks for the report. any fish being caught from shore?
    glad you found em....will start focusing on Castaic now..

as for the site, yup..its almost dead..

thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by madbass; 08-21-2017 at 04:56 PM.

It's not going anywhere.... Even though the forum has slowed there's still a ton of info. on lakes fishing in CA on this site. Thank you for the report!

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    It's not going anywhere.... Even though the forum has slowed there's still a ton of info. on lakes fishing in CA on this site. Thank you for the report!
    You are so right!!! The viewership is more popular then ever!!! 300 plus people or more are reading threads most of the time. Active members are on the down side but so are the Blues crew. (negative people) Let's encourage viewers to turn into members. We promise we won't bite!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    You are so right!!! The viewership is more popular then ever!!! 300 plus people or more are reading threads most of the time. Active members are on the down side but so are the Blues crew. (negative people) Let's encourage viewers to turn into members. We promise we won't bite!!! lol
    hahahaha....there was a time when ppl would help others out. i learned a lot from this site during the years but now its seems like no one is really participating or worse, really cares. but i agree with tucker, less negative ppl as well which is a big plus. still a fun site to check from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by madbass View Post
    hahahaha....there was a time when ppl would help others out. i learned a lot from this site during the years but now its seems like no one is really participating or worse, really cares. but i agree with tucker, less negative ppl as well which is a big plus. still a fun site to check from time to time.
    I totally agree with you on participating. Care though they do Care!!!! 300 people reading the threads every time I log in tells me people care. Now we just have to get them to start participating. I could start giving suggestions, but that's for a whole thread to be dedicated for that.

Of course people come here looking for fishing info..but they seldom find it anymore. The reason is simple. If a fishing spot was mentioned on here, the next day/week it was flooded with fisherman who read the info here and in many cases ruining not only that spot/bite at the time, but for ever as hundreds now know where to go etc. Who would continue to do that on a public forum?

Quote Originally Posted by ALandsford View Post
    Of course people come here looking for fishing info..but they seldom find it anymore. The reason is simple. If a fishing spot was mentioned on here, the next day/week it was flooded with fisherman who read the info here and in many cases ruining not only that spot/bite at the time, but for ever as hundreds now know where to go etc. Who would continue to do that on a public forum?
    Bunk!!!!!

That's the myth that hurts this website!!!!!

I'll give you my personal experience and then logic.

Personal test done by myself. If people knew me, "I was the Park Catfish King" I would fish literally every day when they were biting. So I got to see the crowds and knew a lot of them personally. I would then do test fish reports on FNN, not saying I caught 1-3 but 30-50 a day. I would then see if the next few day's if any noticeable increase in the fishing pressure. (very little to say the least) Remember this is "FREE FISHING" for a tasty fish. (catfish) I then set up the ultimate test on my best 3 day run of park catfishing. I talked to someone earlier on FNN about park catfishing and he showed up too. In real time I reported catching 50 on Wed, 102 on Thursday and on Friday someone showed up from reading my report on FNN. I caught another 60 that day. 1 person showed up!!!! How do I know this, "he told me!!!" I knew everybody else. Yea catching 212 Free catfish over 3 day's in a Free park you would think they would be stampeding the place. (They weren't!!!)

Now let's use logic!!

Western Outdoor News has 100's of thousand more following then FNN. They report as accurate as they can every week what lake is doing. (I read it myself) They will report if anything "Hot" is going on all lakes every week. Yet those lakes survive that kind of reporting!!!! I went to Lake Henshaw last month and did pretty good and wrote a long winded report on the fishing. I read the WON next week, "I couldn't believe it" they copied my report almost word for word!!! (coincidence I don't know???) I then go fishing there again (Lake Henshaw) the next week and find "NO ONE FISHING THERE AGAIN!!!" We both burned that lake!!! (Not!!!)

More evidence, we had several guides reporting here on a regular basis (FNN) on Stripers and LMB. (they haven't done much lately) But I doubt they ruined their own bites, when they reported on fishing at Lake Castiac, Pyramid, DVL and Lake Perris.

I'll give you my political theory next!!!

Another thing happened this year, the election for President. Being a fishermen and a Conservative sorta go hand in hand with a lot of people. (not everybody ) So if you were a contributing fishermen and a Conservative who let their political affiliation known. How do you look right now if you said, "Obama was the worst President ever????" With all the chaos going on in the White House right now, all caused by President Trump. It's probably best for now, for some people to stay hidden under a rock!!! We lost a lot of good fishermen on this website because of President Trump being such an Idiot!!!!

Saltwater vs Freshwater

Here's where the argument is true about burning hot fishing. In the Saltwater when a hot bite is reported (by other websites that do have 10's of thousands more viewership then FNN) The boats the very next day will be packed!!! Why because just showing up will get you bit!!! The Captain does all the work!!! All's the fishermen have to do is cast a live bait over the side and hang on!!!

In the Freshwater that is not true!!! Even if the fish are biting it takes some skill to catch them. (If you don't believe that ask my friend Glenn??) He's in the same boat that I'm in and using the same bait. (Yet I kick he's butt 90% of the time) If someone made the argument they were so wide open anyone could catch one. Please tell me where that is in Southern Ca?????? I want to go fishing Thursday and there is no such place that I have found!! (I'm looking all the time)

Any fishermen who's any good, doesn't wait for someone to tell him or read it on a website where to fish. He's Howning he's own skills all the time on lakes he calls "his" home lakes!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 08-22-2017 at 12:50 PM.

Etucker is right. I know I havent logged in much lately but I am on it everyday Im not looking for the golden ticket of fishing I'm looking for whats going on around So. Cal fresh or saltwater. We used to post all the time here about Irvine lake Santa ana and so forth. People are going to fish where they want to and have the time to go to. Sharing the knoledge of what is working hurts no one in fact it helps fellow fisherman and women out in catching some fish and isnt that what fishing is all about enjoying yourself outdoors with people who are doing the same thing? Thats my thoughts.

Simple, pay to fish lakes are not the same as they use to be and not as many lakes available, that is where a good amount of posts came from and much less concerning about sharing information about. The reservoirs and city lakes people are more closed lip about. It's not that many of us do not want to share it's what we are willing to share. Sharing spots is a fools game and if you hit a hot bite well first off it's come and gone before the masses find out and invade usually and second see my sharing spots comment.

Unfortunately society seems less incline to do their own discovery when it comes to fishing these days. Internet use has made many lazy (sorry but it's a truth) and unwilling to put the time and work into figuring out the bite. I readily will help but mostly in generalized ways, the work and hours put in, skunks involved etc... to figure stuff out and then to give it all away would just be foolish in my opinion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast