Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: night crawlers

Default night crawlers

is there a place around the San Bernardino area that sells CANADIAN night crawlers.

I never knew there was a difference but thats what they had at the walmart in Elsinore.. Those things are furious, haha. Never seen any anywhere else

the difference is the size. have you ever noticed that night crawlers no a days are smaller than they were say when you were a child? that because they are. they are european night crawlers. they can be kept at a warmer temperature.
    but for that they are smaller. the only place i know that has them is fishermans warehouse. the closest one i know of is in manteca.if you got a dozen from there and a dozen from turners. you would see the difference

Quote Originally Posted by TTT View Post
    the difference is the size. have you ever noticed that night crawlers no a days are smaller than they were say when you were a child? that because they are. they are european night crawlers. they can be kept at a warmer temperature.
    but for that they are smaller. the only place i know that has them is fishermans warehouse. the closest one i know of is in manteca.if you got a dozen from there and a dozen from turners. you would see the difference
    The Lake Elsinore Walmart does have Canadian
    night crawlers. Check inside the cartons some are
    good size and others are huge. They look like baby
    snakes.

thanks. you guys are right. But its funny. I looked at the 25 pack. and they were small. I opened the dozen and like you said. baby snakes. driving from san bernardino to elsinore for good bait. I think I need professional help. lol

You shouldve fished the lake while you were there. Good shore spots down by the stadium. I was floating those worms trout style and had some good size cats taking em. I drive down from Highgrove/Colton area for Storm games

Quote Originally Posted by ordane View Post
    You shouldve fished the lake while you were there. Good shore spots down by the stadium. I was floating those worms trout style and had some good size cats taking em. I drive down from Highgrove/Colton area for Storm games
    We are talking about Lake Elsinore? How long ago did you fish?

A couple weeks ago... Granted cats are the only thing ive ever caught there. There was this dude pulling out good size bass near the chanel inlet

Cats and carp have both been pretty solid
    this year. Carp on small side, but a good solid
    size on catfish. One day I did catch 5 carp on
    mackerel.