Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need tips for float tubing

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Ha here’s one I just thought of,as I remember one of the negatives about tubing for me was when I had to take a leak! It’s kinda tuff when you have waders on and your within eye shot of shore dwellers,I used to have to look for a secluded spot,kick over to that spot while looking around,drop my waders to a proper degree and take a leak,heaven forbid anyone sees you! Sooo make sure you don’t drink a lot of liquids prior to kicking off,it’s great when the water is warm enough so you can tube in shorts/trunks. Just saying.Always wondered how others dealt with this issue.

Cya Tuna Vic
    LOL. I second everything you said. For some reason, dangling the lower half of your body in water stimulates the pee pee urge. Even when I made sure to pee right before a tube session, ten minutes later, I have to take a raging pee. Never happens while yakking. Lol. Maybe I should steal some of my dad's Flowmax if I ever tube again.

2 cents worth since someone resurrected this thread....

Life Vest - Personal Flotation Device (PFD) - not just a good idea, required by Coast Guard regulations. Float Tubes have been classified as "vessels" and are subject to Coast Guard regulations. The main one being that every vessel must have a PFD for every person on board. Fresh or salt.

As for dealing with waders, it all Depends

At one end of complexity there is installing a pee valve: http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com/t7...is-good-again?

At the low tech end of things, you can bring along an adult sized bladder control pad in a zipper bag. It's easy enough to stuff down your waders and hold it in place when needed and then put it back in the zipper bag for easy disposal when you get back to shore. Not an elegant solution, but better than waders full of pee and way less hassle than the catheter route.

Everything I ever did in float tube purchases and understanding is from Ornery Bob and his youtube channel . I have only been once so far but every thing I have purchased started from him. Unfortunately, it seems like he hangs out in a forum I can't participate in and his site is down. Just saw him post in here and am thrilled. Someday I hope to meet him

Hey Alakai, check your messages here, I sent help on that issue.

Thanks for the kind words, I'm just sharing my stoke!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12