Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Caption Me

There is nothing wrong with individualism, did they credit a group of people for inventing the lightbulb? How about the achievement of flight? Was it the Smith Brothers and the Henry Brothers and the Johnson brothers? How about the Ford automobile how come I don't see the Tucker household being part of the families that invented the model T? Aside from your flippant remarks your statements do not offer any substantive argument whatsoever, all you've succeeded is revealing to us how your come to your liberal views. You cry out we're the product of our environment, we weren't afforded the opportunities so we ended up working in dead end jobs and complaining about low wages and now demand a living wage... we grew up in the ghetto so it forced us to become criminals... we were raised in broken families, etc, etc so dont hold us responsible because were are victims!....

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Let me respond to your first line and stop before you get to the extreme part. Conservatives think they are so unique!!!! (there not!!!) You can "lump them into boxes" and how they got there is by either nurture, nature or environment or any combination of the three.

Let's compare the differences between a Conservative and a Progressive.

A Conservative believes in Individualism vs Collectivism which Progressives believe in. Other words to describe individualism is, what's in it for me, or every man for himself. (there is winners and losers and that's ok) When asked about what do we do with the loser's to a Conservative. A typical answer is, "not my problem" or "I can't worry about that!!!" The problem with that is, in the United States there is a every widening Wealth Gap!!! The Rich keep getting richer and the middle class or lower keep getting poorer. That was a big reason Donald Trump won the Presidency!!! He said, (lied) I will bring your jobs back and America will be "Great" again. He's doing a great job of that isn't he!!! (not!!)

A Progressive on the other hand wants everyone to win!!! They support a graduated tax basis. (based on the ability to pay) Or a safety net for all it's citizens. Even Obama Care which was an income redistribution of wealth. The Super Rich will pay for some of the less fortunate Health Insurance. (see why Republicans hated it so much) Progressives can point to country's in Europe who don't have Super Rich people or Super Poor people. Everyone is sort of in the middle, as a better system then what we have in America.

I do want to respond to the famous deflection of the right wing pundits. (who you are quoting) They keep calling out the liberal press of why they aren't reporting of the sins of Hillary Clinton or someone else like that. Who cares???? She lost and she is not our President!!!! What part of the government is she controlling now???? Or what foreign policy is "SHE" carrying out???? She is doing nothing!!! President Trump is running the Executive Branch of our government. So he is fair game for the press to report on or even criticize what he does. Once again False Equivalency!!!! That is the new standard of being a Conservative!!!!

When you talk about the shooter of the Republican soft ball team. They were plenty of coverage on him!!! He was a lone shooter, the KKK or the Nazi's are a continues group that's going to set up rally's for years to come. (with thousands of supporters) As for other Left hate groups, "I condemn all of them" the problem is the right wing hate groups now feel empowered by Trump!! So there will be a lot more of them showing up for rally's, then anything the Left can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    There is nothing wrong with individualism, did they credit a group of people for inventing the lightbulb? How about the achievement of flight? Was it the Smith Brothers and the Henry Brothers and the Johnson brothers? How about the Ford automobile how come I don't see the Tucker household being part of the families that invented the model T? Aside from your flippant remarks your statements do not offer any substantive argument whatsoever, all you've succeeded is revealing to us how your come to your liberal views. You cry out we're the product of our environment, we weren't afforded the opportunities so we ended up working in dead end jobs and complaining about low wages and now demand a living wage... we grew up in the ghetto so it forced us to become criminals... we were raised in broken families, etc, etc so dont hold us responsible because were are victims!....
    Dang. Well said

Actually, it takes collaborative effort from a lot of people in order to invent something useful and make it available to the public.

Let me address your statement about how I came to my Liberal views. I voted Republican from 1980-2000 and proud of it!! In 2000 I liked where the country was at with things like a balanced budget and a roaring economy. In 2000 I voted for Al Gore because I thought things would continue economically going great for the country. In my heart I couldn't vote for little Bush!!! (Dumb) In 2016, I couldn't in good conscious vote for (puxxx grabbing) Donald Trump either. (Dumber) So if you voted for the last 2 Republican Presidents who got elected, (Dumb & Dumber) you should not be surprised by all the chaos (what would you expect from Dumber) that is now going on in the White House. If you were to try to tell me things would be worse with Hillary in there!!!! If you were to say that, "I would have to call you what ever comes past Dumb & Dumber."
    Last edited by etucker1959; 08-20-2017 at 08:42 PM.

Aren't you glad that you live in the United States where you can have differing opinions and be able to voice them without the threat of violence and/or retaliation? Or at least Americans used to be able to do that until recently. That is until terrorist groups like Antifa and BLM reared their ugly heads and were too dumb to know that they were guilty of the very principles they thought they for- nothing but a bunch of hypocrites. You do not have to look far, right here in Laguna Beach this afternoon there was a rally by those who were victims of crimes by illegal immigrants. Would you say that those who were violated by illegal immigrants have a valid reason to voice their concern?? Before you go regurgitating liberal talking points about how there are also white terrorist and christian killers and legal killers- I agree with you but do we need to import the illegal variety too?

The violent Antifa showed up with their black garb and mask and threatened them and the situation got out of control with the original rally members having to defend themself. Go google it and you'll see it reported with eyewitness accounts from those who were there, it won't be heavily covered because it doesn't fit the liberal narrative.

Brent, unfortunately there's no middle ground anymore, it is beyond their tunnel vision to think there could be Trump conservatives who abhor racism and what nazis stand for the democrats on here think there is only absolute black and white. For those on here who like to paint with a broad brush anything conservative is evil nowadays. Regarding the attacks I don't think you can say one case is worse than the others, they are both equally bad, one was premeditated with an assasination list. I'm not a party line voter, I've voted for presidents on both sides but the democrats now are so far LEFT it's not the left of President Clinton. Etucker said he had an epiphany and turned liberal? Here's my epiphany I'm not for men going into women's bathroom because they happen to feel effeminate that day. Yes that is a FACT that federal mandates were handed down by BHO before he left office to the grade schools no less and yes you can go into a TARGET store today and go into a women's room because you identify as a woman. Etucker likes to paint with a broad brush to say rich corporations against the working class poor what he doesn't understand is the middleclass was the ones getting screwed by the last administration. If people want to get ahead in life work for it and don't blame anyone for your shortcomings or misfortunes. I've heard dozens of SOB stories paraded by the media to propagandize a position but to put it back in Tucker's court as he was the one that said people in general shouldn't feel "unique". Guess what One SOB story is no more compelling than the next, no your SOB stories and all the other SOB stories are also not unique! Take accountability for any action or inaction that lead you to your current standing.

Aren't you glad that you live in the United States where you can have differing opinions and be able to voice them without the threat of violence and/or retaliation? Or at least Americans used to be able to do that until recently. That is until terrorist groups like Antifa and BLM reared their ugly heads and were too dumb to know that they were guilty of the very principles they thought they for- nothing but a bunch of hypocrites. You do not have to look far, right here in Laguna Beach this afternoon there was a rally by those who were victims of crimes by illegal immigrants. Would you say that those who were violated by illegal immigrants have a valid reason to voice their concern?? Before you go regurgitating liberal talking points about how there are also white terrorist and christian killers and legal killers- I agree with you but do we need to import the illegal variety too?

The violent Antifa showed up with their black garb and mask and threatened them and the situation got out of control with the original rally members having to defend themself. Go google it and you'll see it reported with eyewitness accounts from those who were there, it won't be heavily covered because it doesn't fit the liberal narrative.
    You bring up the point about crimes committed by illegal aliens. Who's defending that???? No one!!! Obama when he was President was known as the "Deporter in Chief!!!" Trump comes along like he just invented the wheel. Saying things like, "I'm going to deport these Bad Hombres out of here!!!" Sorry to tell you Mr. Trump, last time I saw the numbers, you haven't even equaled what Obama was doing in that department yet!!! Typical Trump, trying to take credit for something that was already happening with or without him!!! When is he going to do something totally unique to his "Presidency" that is positive!!!! I'm still waiting!!!!!

Brent, unfortunately there's no middle ground anymore, it is beyond their tunnel vision to think there could be Trump conservatives who abhor racism and what nazis stand for the democrats on here think there is only absolute black and white. For those on here who like to paint with a broad brush anything conservative is evil nowadays. Regarding the attacks I don't think you can say one case is worse than the others, they are both equally bad, one was premeditated with an assasination list. I'm not a party line voter, I've voted for presidents on both sides but the democrats now are so far LEFT it's not the left of President Clinton. Etucker said he had an epiphany and turned liberal? Here's my epiphany I'm not for men going into women's bathroom because they happen to feel effeminate that day. Yes that is a FACT that federal mandates were handed down by BHO before he left office to the grade schools no less and yes you can go into a TARGET store today and go into a women's room because you identify as a woman. Etucker likes to paint with a broad brush to say rich corporations against the working class poor what he doesn't understand is the middleclass was the ones getting screwed by the last administration. If people want to get ahead in life work for it and don't blame anyone for your shortcomings or misfortunes. I've heard dozens of SOB stories paraded by the media to propagandize a position but to put it back in Tucker's court as he was the one that said people in general shouldn't feel "unique". Guess what One SOB story is no more compelling than the next, no your SOB stories and all the other SOB stories are also not unique! Take accountability for any action or inaction that lead you to your current standing.
    While I do agree on some points, you still have no way to comment on societies injustices to the black and poor who have been held down and ***** on for hundreds of years. The discrimination and abuse does make for blacks to be poor, uneducated and criminalized. You are not black or you would not be saying those things. To think that because white men decide one day that, oh, racism is over go to work, then it's done is a really dumb thing to think.
    There are hundreds of years of persecution, abuse and discrimination to turn back the other way and these f'ing nazi wanna be's demonstrators just prove that. Just telling people, "get a job and make it better" is not going to do a damn thing. This is hundreds of years of abuse that has to be undone and it will be a lot harder to undo than it was to create in the first place.
    Please don't be one of those people. I'm married to black woman from inner Detroit and have witnessed in my brief dealings what centuries of abuse and discrimination can do to peoples spirits, minds, thoughts and well being.
    We've beat back racism in the Civil War and WW2 and will do it again at all costs. Trump has freed these closeted racist and now the lid can't be put back on the can of worms.
    I despise Antifa and feel they do way more harm than good by mixing with liberal peaceful protesters and that causes the broad brush painting of the liberal protesters as you mentioned.
    The nazi protesters on the other hand. They need to go back under their rocks and go away. There is no place in today's world for that kind of hate and they deserve any horrrble ***** that happens to them. Yes, they have freedom of speech, but so does everyone else and everyone else also has the right to react to their hate speech.
    If you want to remain 'pure' white, then I have zero problem with that, just don't try to say we all have to be hateful about it as well. none of those white 'pure' bozos are actually 'pure' anyway. We all come from the same place if you track it back all the way, so go figure. At some point, some decided they were better because of the color of their skin. Stupidest thing ever.
    As for the bathroom issue, please show where any trans sexual have attacked anyone in a bathroom. Sorry but, perverted white men are %90+ of the perpetrators. and they look like you and me, not Bruce/Kaitlen Jenner.
    100's of times more white 'christian' politicians have done way worse than any trans people ever.
    Facts will set you free
    Last edited by Brent; 08-21-2017 at 08:53 AM.

BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS

Private enterprise has made the first steps in solving the Bathroom issue.

Taco Bell and the Hot Dog chain has turned all their Bathrooms to Sea Horse bathrooms with locks. In other words, anyone can use any bathroom regardless of sex. Just lock the door once your in there. That's just a start, but all new Bathroom construction could incoporate something like that!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 08-21-2017 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS

Private enterprise has made the first steps in solving the Bathroom issue.

Taco Bell and the Hot Dog chain has turned all their Bathrooms to Sea Horse bathrooms with locks. In other words, anyone can use any bathroom regardless of sex. Just lock the door once your in there. That's just a start, but all new Bathroom construction could incoporate something like that!!!!!
    I have a question.
    Does anyone here have separate bathrooms for men and women in their house?
    I know, but you won't be in there at the same time?????? I don't have these man/woman thingy's trying to use my bathroom???
    Why do you care how a person wants to use the bathroom? Everyone does it everyday.
    The sickos are not the trans-gendered. Look at the statistics on sexual assaults in bathrooms. Young to middle aged white men that look like you or me.
    Just as proposed, make small private locking stalls to give everyone privacy

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast