Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Caption Me

Your big assumption is that all those who don't have I.D. are democrats. I'm for I.D. laws for all Americans in order to vote and I mean legal Americans, not the ones that are here illegally or undocumented. Yes I'm even for those that vote Republican to have I.D. What makes you think that this is an effort to suppress the democrat vote? I thought according to your fake news media the Trump supporters are the poor whites from midwest states that actually would suffer under Trump's policies? Wouldn't that go against this ridiculous argument of yours that voter I.D. is to suppress democrat voters who are too poor to go through the process of acquiring an I.D? Contradicting fake news is it not? This thing about having data and cross referencing to make sure you are who you are? That is if you've lived here and filed taxes with the IRS but how many are here without papers. Tens upon millions MORE than the 11 million liberal press puts out there in other words it is in the tens of millions! So don't tell me they're checking to see if some illegal living in Los Angeles County is the same one that voted in Sacramento California. There is no mass effort to assure voting integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Voter ID Laws is my specialty!!!! lol Your arguments sounded reasonable 5 years ago before the data and the true confessions and court cases came out. First of all there was a Great study done right here in California done at the University of San Diego and it went back 15 years and counted 1 Billion votes cast. Of the 1 Billion votes cast, they only found 33 cases of in person voter fraud. (In other words, it's a problem that doesn't exist) Do you buy Zombie Apocalypse Insurance??? Probably not because it's a problem that doesn't exist!!! (according to the TV commercials certain Insurance company's do cover Zombie Apocalypse) I'll bet you those same people support Voter ID Laws??? lol What they did find was the States were using Voter ID laws to target minority voters and keep them from voting. In North Carolina for example, (the people took those Bastards to court) the court found out they went after the African American voter with precision accuracy in trying to prevent them from voting. (the Republicans felt African Americans voted for the Democrats far to often) The court ruled, that the Republicans resorted to cheating to win elections.

Now let me give you "your same argument back" you used on statues here and then apply the same logic to Voter ID laws. You said, they will come down and take the Confederate statues down first and then go after the statues of Washington and Jefferson. Ok the Republicans used Voter ID laws to eliminate as many Democrats as they can for voting. Now the Super Elite 1% ers say eliminating Democrats from voting isn't enough. They now want to eliminate all but themselves from voting. Remember there is a bunch of White Welfare queens too that live in Rural America. They may want to eliminate them from voting too!!! I easily could make that argument too and it would sound just as reasonable as your Voter ID law argument. Mitt Romey said in the 2012 Presidential election for example (Republican candidate of course) that 47% of the population doesn't pay any Federal Tax's. (So they don't have any skin in the game do they??) That would be the next logical group to go after and eliminate them from voting too!!! Don't think you got any Constitutional protection on your right to vote!!! (sorry you don't) After what the Supreme Court ruled in 2010 to the voting rights act, they can change the voting rules any way they want!!! In fact the founding fathers didn't want riff raff like you to vote!!! (I bet you didn't know that???) So be careful what you wish for!!! You might actually get it and then it turns around and bites you in the Hinney and takes away your right to vote!!!!!! I'll bet you didn't see that coming!!!!!

In Addressing your last line of a crock of poo poo!!! (based on the last election) The President set up that commission, headed up by that Nut job to work on the alleged fraudulent voting that took place in the last election. Did you see the response the States gave him in his request for voter information??? It typical was one of 3 responses. Response number 1. We will get back to you on that one. (NOT!!!!) Response number 2. We will only give you information that is already Public Information. Last but not least response number 3. (this one was my favorite) Go Pluck yourself!!!!!!!!

Yes because increasing taxes is the solution to all of our problems, so how is it thtago other states with NO gas tax and the roads are in much better shape? As an example Oregon. Take the 5 up north and once you cross the border notice how the cracks and bumps disappear and yes that state is as liberal as California. So can you say poor leadership, mismanagement of the taxes they collect and lining their own pockets? You bet! You libs got an excuse for everything and when in doubt raise taxes some more!

Actually, they do have gas taxes in Oregon, at least in Portland. Here is an accounting of where their road maintenance money comes from and goes to. https://www.portlandoregon.gov/trans...article/441782

Let's talk about how great our cars are, Eric. ;) I have a Toyota Prius C, and you have a Chevy Volt. My wife suggested getting one of those "water cars" (a Toyota Mirai) next. What do you think?

I have heard all the same things about the rarity of voter fraud, by the way. For every double voter, there are a large number of legitimate would be voters who are turned away. In fact, even though it wasn't crowded when we voted last November, a man came in to vote but wasn't allowed to at my polling station. I think they said that he wasn't on their list. And this of course was in California (Moreno Valley).
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 08-30-2017 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    Your big assumption is that all those who don't have I.D. are democrats. I'm for I.D. laws for all Americans in order to vote and I mean legal Americans, not the ones that are here illegally or undocumented. Yes I'm even for those that vote Republican to have I.D. What makes you think that this is an effort to suppress the democrat vote? I thought according to your fake news media the Trump supporters are the poor whites from midwest states that actually would suffer under Trump's policies? Wouldn't that go against this ridiculous argument of yours that voter I.D. is to suppress democrat voters who are too poor to go through the process of acquiring an I.D? Contradicting fake news is it not? This thing about having data and cross referencing to make sure you are who you are? That is if you've lived here and filed taxes with the IRS but how many are here without papers. Tens upon millions MORE than the 11 million liberal press puts out there in other words it is in the tens of millions! So don't tell me they're checking to see if some illegal living in Los Angeles County is the same one that voted in Sacramento California. There is no mass effort to assure voting integrity.
    Obviously you don't know your History of Jim Crow laws, that were solely intended to suppress the Black vote. The Voter ID laws are merely the latest version of Jim Crow ideas. I would explain the 3 most common Jim Crow ideas on how to suppress the Negro vote. But poor Seal up in the mountains, might get an Arianism over reading one of my long winded speeches. (Seal, I worry about you Health since your close to my age) lol So if your curious, Google (Poll tax, White primary and the Literacy test for voters.)

Sorry Seal, after looking at my examples, the Literacy test is worth explaining because it's not what it seems. You would think it was to prove you were literate to be able to vote. It wasn't, it was more diabolic then that. It was a test given on the spot in the polling place. It was an oral test designed to pass all White voters and Fail all would be Negro voters. It would go something like this, a White voter would show up and be asked to explain what, "We the people mean as written in the Constitution??" It didn't matter what the White voter said, "he would have been deemed to have satisfied the person giving the test." Now a potential Black voter shows up and is asked to explain, what is meant in the Constitution that there will be no Bills of attainder passed by Congress? Even if the would be Black voter was a Harvard Law school Graduate, his answer would never pass the examiners test!! He would be failed on any answer he would give!!!! (If Seal gives me permission, I will explain to everyone what a Bill of Attainder is??) lol

Another way to suppress the vote without Voter ID laws, but is just as effective is doing some of the following. Reduce the amount of polling places. (Arizona was famous for this one) By reducing the amount of polling places from say 80 to 20, you make people travel longer distances to get to a polling station. Then because there is now only 20 places to vote, the lines of people waiting to vote could be horrendous. (People in some cases waited for hours just to vote.) Now take an elderly minority person who might even have a valid ID to vote but has no transportation to get to a polling place. You just cancelled out her or his vote. Or if she could make it, now she has to stand in line for hours just to vote and she's 88 years old!!! Can I now send you a Brown Paper bag to put over your head for your attitude for our Senior Citizens and their right to vote!!!! Another quick example, (I know Seals reading this, so I have to make it real quick) lol Another suppression trick was ending the Souls to the Polls which was very common in the South. In a Nut Shell, people would go to Church on Sunday morning then a whole van of people would all head to the polls afterwards and vote. Easy Republican solution to suppress the vote on that one. "NO VOTING IS ALLOWED ON SUNDAY!!!" Yea, I could keep going on but I think you should get the point by now!!!!!!

Even with all this cheating the Republicans are doing to win elections. What are they accomplishing???? I'll just quote John McCain on this one, "We are accomplishing absolutely Nothing!!!"
    Last edited by etucker1959; 08-30-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Reduction in polling places in urban areas is another voter suppression tactic which has become more common since Jim Crow laws were ended. I had forgotten about that one. Thank you for mentioning it, Eric.

Since the SCOTUS knocked down parts of the Voting Rights Act a couple of years ago, there has been a sudden reduction in polling places in "southern," Republican controlled states. Arizona also had too few polling stations in the urban, Phoenix area, and Trump narrowly won that state. The study in this article only analyzed certain counties, by the way, so the actual reduction in polling places was probably far more than 868. https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-election-2016
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 08-30-2017 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Actually, they do have gas taxes in Oregon, at least in Portland. Here is an accounting of where their road maintenance money comes from and goes to. https://www.portlandoregon.gov/trans...article/441782

Let's talk about how great our cars are, Eric. ;) I have a Toyota Prius C, and you have a Chevy Volt. My wife suggested getting one of those "water cars" (a Toyota Mirai) next. What do you think?

I have heard all the same things about the rarity of voter fraud, by the way. For every double voter, there are a large number of legitimate would be voters who are turned away. In fact, even though it wasn't crowded when we voted last November, a man came in to vote but wasn't allowed to at my polling station. I think they said that he wasn't on their list. And this of course was in California (Moreno Valley).
    I'm not familiar with the Toyota Mirai, what is it's distinguishing characteristics?

It's a hydrogen fuel cell car, Eric. Apparently, it is easier and quicker to "refuel" hydrogen cell cars than to charge electric cars. California government is planning to have a large series of hydrogen cell stations across California.

Basically, water is separated into hydrogen gas and oxygen. The fuel cell contains the hydrogen gas (totally harmless). When the car is being driven, hydrogen reunites with oxygen in the atmosphere and makes water (also harmless) and in the process, releases energy which is used to drive the car.

Solar energy or other clean sources can be used to create the hydrogen gas from water, for the fuel cells, so potentially, a person or family with solar panels could just fill their hydrogen fuel cells at home using their own home energy supply. I am hopeful that this is the way of the future (which Mirai means in Japanese), or else it could be electric cars recharged by solar, wind, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Mirai

Voter Fraud?

Our President has a special counsel investigating this.

Obviously, since it's such a big issue, I'm sure the special counsel will find discrepancies.

I'll be posting follow ups as they come in, in regards to this huge voter fraud issue.

In the meantime, check out the Fake News:

https://www.google.com/search?q=vote...utf-8&oe=utf-8

A check shows that the Mirai costs about $45 thousand dollars, but hopefully the price will go down. It also costs an estimated $1,250 per year for the fuel cells.

Did I mention my Kris Kobach dream? He is the guy who is in charge of Crosscheck and supposedly catching voter fraud (for the actual purpose of engaging in voter suppression).

Several months ago, I dreamed that my wife and I went to Kobach Lake, and caught Kobach fish by the dam(n?). Those vermin Kobach fish need to be gotten rid of. ;)

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast