Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Caption Me

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    It's a hydrogen fuel cell car, Eric. Apparently, it is easier and quicker to "refuel" hydrogen cell cars than to charge electric cars. California government is planning to have a large series of hydrogen cell stations across California.

Basically, water is separated into hydrogen gas and oxygen. The fuel cell contains the hydrogen gas (totally harmless). When the car is being driven, hydrogen reunites with oxygen in the atmosphere and makes water (also harmless) and in the process, releases energy which is used to drive the car.

Solar energy or other clean sources can be used to create the hydrogen gas from water, for the fuel cells, so potentially, a person or family with solar panels could just fill their hydrogen fuel cells at home using their own home energy supply. I am hopeful that this is the way of the future (which Mirai means in Japanese), or else it could be electric cars recharged by solar, wind, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Mirai
    I'm familiar with the technology of hydrogen fuel cell cars, I didn't know the name of the Toyota version. It's funny about the hydrogen fuel cell cars. I first heard about them 15 years ago and they thought that might be the long term solution/alternative to the gasoline powered automobiles. They thought back then the technology was 30 plus years away. They cut that number in half!! It's amazing what Mankind can do if faced with a real need. (A non polluting vehicle is just what the planet needs!!!)

There is no state gas tax, if your Moreno Valley decided to tax within city limits does that equate to a state tax? It doesn't add anything to the argument as the roads in Oregon OUTSIDE of Portland city limits are still vastly superior to California roads. They also believe in a democratic process up there where it was a VOTER APPROVED tax hike rather than our communist emperor and his generals forcing through a tax hike without voter input? How about you address that Lefty? You must be so far left you're not even on the political spectrum. The Guvnor and his goon squad is forcing through a gas tax without any voter input by way of a 2/3 majority and how they are rewriting the laws to prevent a public recall in an attempt to maintain that 2/3 and ram through any law they want. We're several steps closer to a communist CA state.

Actually, they do have gas taxes in Oregon, at least in Portland. Here is an accounting of where their road maintenance money comes from and goes to. https://www.portlandoregon.gov/trans...article/441782

Let's talk about how great our cars are, Eric. ;) I have a Toyota Prius C, and you have a Chevy Volt. My wife suggested getting one of those "water cars" (a Toyota Mirai) next. What do you think?

I have heard all the same things about the rarity of voter fraud, by the way. For every double voter, there are a large number of legitimate would be voters who are turned away. In fact, even though it wasn't crowded when we voted last November, a man came in to vote but wasn't allowed to at my polling station. I think they said that he wasn't on their list. And this of course was in California (Moreno Valley).

I don't know ONE person who has had the government contact them to verify if they voted. I've voted in dozens of elections and i know more than a few people and i've not heard of anyone even second hand ever being contacted from the voters registrar to confirm a ballot. Now I will admit I'm in California.

Honest people hmmm, you are the part of the blind sheeple that have too much faith in our media. At no time in the history of this country has the media had such a big impact on shaping peoples perception, unfortunately it is all propagandize and bias.

What happened to the recount effort in Detroit MI hmm? Results tallied that counted double the number of actual ballots, so rampant that they had to shut down the recount the effort for fear of the fraud being discovered. Had there been no recount those numbers would have stood, what if it had came down to Michigan and that district being the deciding factor?

It amazes me how conservatives believe liars over honest people (or deluded people over people who actually understand the truth and base their judgments on science, logic and evidence). I guess you can't stop people from believing the nonsense that they insist on believing. It's called motivated cognition.

How is it that all these people are supposedly committing voter fraud, Steelhead? What a crock of nonsense. They have our names, addresses, signatures, etc. at the place where we vote. These can easily be verified. Meanwhile, voter ID laws are just one aspect of a larger strategy of system rigging by the GOP, including the Crosscheck program to eliminate inconvenient voters, gerrymandering, and getting two senators from less populous states, with far fewer votes than it takes to get two senators from California, plus they have the electoral college working in their favor so they don't even have to win the popular presidential vote to get their person in office if the vote is close enough. And I could go on from there. Republicans have not won an honest presidency since Eisenhower, and they cheat at every other level nowadays too. They will do practically anything to get and hold onto power, including letting a narcissistic, racist, sexist, deluded, completely unqualified you-know-what grabber in chief who never should have been allowed to come anywhere near the presidency like Trump lead them.
    Last edited by steelhead; 09-03-2017 at 12:47 PM.

A. I am not a radical. In fact, I have taken tests of political orientation twice, and I am placed about halfway between the center of the circle and the left side both times, in liberal territory but not far left. I know lots of people who are more extreme left than me. In fact, my friends and I were called things like "Clinton apologists" by a lot of Bernie or Busters even though that isn't true. We are just realists. This leads me to believe that you are so far right that anything on the left side of the spectrum looks radical to you, Steelhead.

B. The whole thing about Oregon roads, I find a strange argument., especially since Oregon is also a liberal state. Do you think that roads in Oregon fix themselves? Obviously not. Whether the maintenance if funded locally or statewide, it is funded. I tried to look up states with the best and worst roads, and neither CA nor OR were on either extreme, actually. I could not find their exact rankings though. I was responding previously as though your claims about Oregon are true, but frankly, I haven't noticed much of a difference in road condition. To the extent that there is, remember, CA has the largest population, the most cars, and a large area to take care of. All of these factors make it more difficult to maintain roads well.

C. Again, there is a huge difference between democracy and communism. I think you live in CA so if you think it's a horrible commie place, I have to wonder why you stay here. Of course it is not a horrible commie place. CA has a Democratic supermajority now because they were voted in by voters. It would be nice to have a proposition to fund something like road maintenance, I agree. (I am a big supporter of voter-initiated propositions.). My guess is that it would pass. But our state representatives have been doing our bidding. They are not acting like dictators. You just call them that because you don't agree with their policies.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 09-03-2017 at 11:11 PM.

In regards to the claims of massive voter fraud in Detroit, virtually every source that has studied voter fraud says that is untrue, nor is it election fraud. The turnout in Detroit wasn't particularly high. How could the official count have been twice what it really was. Did Obama import a bunch of Kenyans by submarine just to vote in Detroit, then send them back to Kenya? LOL

About the only site that I could find making claims of voter frauhttps://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-gateway-pundit/d in Michigan was the Gateway Pundit, which is rated as having an extreme right wing bias and some of its articles are fake news.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112