Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Caption Me

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Oh, I get it. So these are a bunch of irate young history professors, huh? LOL
    Lol. No. A bunch of mad rednecks right there. Going at it the wrong way. They had their protest and ANTIFA attacked them so they gave them a beat down. What's wrong with defending themselves. If this was the other way around there would be no issue because it's ok to be PC.

I don't know if ANTIFA attacked them or not, but regarding the history, I just read that Robert E. Lee himself didn't want Civil War monuments to be displayed, even statues of himself.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/her...cL&ocid=HPCDHP

I do know that Heather Heyer didn't attack them.

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    This is what you get when you erase AMERICAN HISTORY. Why not remove the Lincoln memorial too while these greasy politicians are at it.
    Because last time I checked, Lincoln wasn't advocating splitting from this great country, all because they wanted to keep slavery alive for profit.

You're right, we can't erase Manzanar, or the Trail of Tears, or Jim Crow....

But we can put it where it belongs. In a museum.

Or slavery, or oppression, abuse and slaughter of native peoples going back to Christopher Columbus, or all the civilians that Americans killed (mostly from long distance by bombing) in nations such as Japan, Germany, North Korea and Vietnam, knowingly dropping them on civilian populations in order to terrorize and demoralize them.

That's not the sanitized version of history that kids get in school, but it's a real part of U.S. history. Actually, I think kids need to be exposed to this history, as well as having it in museums.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 08-17-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Thanks NatLeft...

But im waiting for the response from the (suddenly absent) alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Thanks NatLeft...

But im waiting for the response from the (suddenly absent) alt right.
    Far from alt right. But thanks. Why don't we remove any George Washington statues then. Where does it stop.?

Far from alt right. But thanks. Why don't we remove any George Washington statues then. Where does it stop.?
    To compare a statue of a Confederate person to George Washington is a false equivalency!!! Normally they don't erect monuments to the "Loser's" (I thought Trump hated losers???) in a losing cause even though it's part of their history. I won't give the obvious example (Nazi Germany) but what about the leaders of South Vietnam. In Saigon, I doubt there is any statues of President Thieu there or monuments to the Americans who fight and died there. (maybe to the people who defeated them!!) People don't erect monuments to lost causes or the people who supported them. Unless they had an art-ial motive.

Ask your self when were those monuments erected??? They were erected in two time periods. The turn of the century (Jim Crow at it's peak) and the 1950's and 60's. (Civil rights movements in the South were going on big time) Those monuments were a poke in the eye to anyone who believed in Civil Rights for everyone.

I could go on about how Washington and Jefferson were nation builders. But the Confederate leaders were nation destroyers!!!! Do you now see how foolish that argument is, in comparing a Statue of Robert E. Lee to George Washington?????

If they tried to take down a statue of George Washington, (because he was a slave owner) "I would be there protesting myself!!!" I could give a history lesson "why" if I could get Seal's permission to do so!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 08-18-2017 at 07:59 AM.

Anyone know where I can go to see a monument to all the brave Tories who died standing up for an ideal?

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    Anyone know where I can go to see a monument to all the brave Tories who died standing up for an ideal?
    I almost used that example!!! For those who don't know, these were the loyalist Americans to the British crown during the American Revolution. (the most notable was Ben Franklin own son) 50,000 of them after the American Revolution moved to Canada.

Far from alt right.
    CHUCKY, that comment wasn't made for you, I'm sorry if it was misconstrued.

My comment was made for all the idiots who had ZERO problems posting their rhetoric before the election, and now that the fire has gotten real hot in the kitchen, are suddenly absent from these discussions.

In fact, I give you major props for standing up for your values and not chickening out.

The other confederate flag bearing guys? Not so much. Hawgz? Dev? Isn't this the perfect time for you to relive your stance on waving the confederate flag? Where are you guys at?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast