Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Caption Me

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    That's the problem with you liberals, you like to lump everyone into boxes and appeal to extremes to make your argument.
    I'm already late to the party, but if you don't see the irony in this statement, then that's exactly the problem.

So all Trump supporters are alt right, anyone that supports Trump is a racist and supports nazis?
    No, we are saying that all Nazis, Fascists, White Nationalists are racist and are Trump supporters. Not that hard a concept.

Brent, my graduate school advisor was a black woman from inner city Detroit, at U.C. Riverside. Her politics would make what Steelhead calls radical left look lame. I learned a lot from her. ;) But I was always a liberal, from childhood. I couldn't stand Reagan even as a governor when I was a kid. And my wife is an immigrant, from Taiwan. Now, the Trump administration wants to cut legal immigration in half, another bad move.

Yes, Eric, the Trump administration is doing a lot of "unpresidented" things. The problem, as you say, is that none of them are good.

About the violence again, I posted an article in this thread with statistics that right wing extremists in the U.S. have killed 12 times as many, and injured 36 times as many, people as have left wing extremists. Here it is again. It is in response to Trump's claims that both sides were equally to blame in Charlottesville. http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factch...Kz&ocid=HPCDHP

And just to clean up a final point about responsibility and jobs, etc., I believe in taking responsibility too. I don't think you will find many people who don't believe in that, at least in principle. But the world isn't that simple. We all have different talents and weaknesses. Liberals understand that, and know also that there are some people who need help. They may be good people, but there are things that they cannot do for themselves. We are all born helpless. There is no such thing, really, as a self-made person. Our task is to learn and evolve and help people, not to be the winner of some sort of grand greed competition.

People getting jobs is fine, but when they don't pay enough, as in "right to work" states, they still struggle to get by. We need to raise the national minimum wage considerably. But also, the nature of the job market and work is changing. This is not the 1950s anymore. Technology has made many jobs unnecessary and replaced them with machinery, for one thing. Work has become more efficient therefore, but there are fewer jobs available. The end result of technological advances is that more can get done with less work, potentially freeing people to work part time or pursue productive activities of interest to them. The question that occurs to me is whether we will share resources equitably and people will have enough to be happy, comfortable and secure, and live productive lives, or whether the ultra wealthy will suck up all the money, keep the rest of us relatively poor and insecure, and unable to live productive lives.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 08-21-2017 at 11:52 AM.

You are citing bias media talking points because you've heard it repeated countless times when you don't know the context behind these so called "deportations". During the last administration they redefined what was considered a deportation, anyone who was caught or turned away at the border was considered in those numbers. There is a reason why the border patrols was up in arms about the direction given to them by President Obama. They were hamstrung from doing their jobs because they were told to stand down. Why do you think they came out and endorsed Trump during the campaign and have you heard the percentage of those attempting to cross illegally is drastically down from years past? Do you know what is also going to happen with stricter enforcement of immigration laws moving forward? Lawlessness and crimes committed by illegals will also drop because under the new policy any law enforcement coming into contact with illegals can lead to deportation. Under the last administration and even to this day there are dozens of cities who will not comply with federal laws to hold illegal violent felons! Are you democrats for that too??

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    You bring up the point about crimes committed by illegal aliens. Who's defending that???? No one!!! Obama when he was President was known as the "Deporter in Chief!!!" Trump comes along like he just invented the wheel. Saying things like, "I'm going to deport these Bad Hombres out of here!!!" Sorry to tell you Mr. Trump, last time I saw the numbers, you haven't even equaled what Obama was doing in that department yet!!! Typical Trump, trying to take credit for something that was already happening with or without him!!! When is he going to do something totally unique to his "Presidency" that is positive!!!! I'm still waiting!!!!!

I'll play!

You are citing bias media talking points because you've heard it repeated countless times when you don't know the context behind these so called "deportations".
    Neither do "Trump supporters." Funny how that works on both sides, depending on what side you're on!

During the last administration they redefined what was considered a deportation, anyone who was caught or turned away at the border was considered in those numbers. There is a reason why the border patrols was up in arms about the direction given to them by President Obama. They were hamstrung from doing their jobs because they were told to stand down. Why do you think they came out and endorsed Trump during the campaign and have you heard the percentage of those attempting to cross illegally is drastically down from years past? Do you know what is also going to happen with stricter enforcement of immigration laws moving forward? Lawlessness and crimes committed by illegals will also drop because under the new policy any law enforcement coming into contact with illegals can lead to deportation. Under the last administration and even to this day there are dozens of cities who will not comply with federal laws to hold illegal violent felons! Are you democrats for that too??
    You are citing bias media talking points because you've heard it repeated countless times when you don't know the context behind these so called "deportations".
    When someone can use your own arguments against yourself, you need to think up new arguments. Much like when you cast a blanket on anybody who's against trump being a "Libtard," then saying "Libtards" think anybody who supports Trump is a Nazi.

Wow, you really got me there....I'm stating a fact with regards to the deportations and you state your opinion, at this rate you're not going to get that high score you were hoping for, might cost you a few more quarters but keep trying.

So what did liberals expect? When you tell me how ironic it is that i'm redirecting the criticism at you it's irony? So are conservative to lay down and play nice? Here is a comparison for you, who has been protesting and rioting and instigating mayhem and civil unrest after the election. While you're comparing how come we didn't see that after 2008 and 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I'll play!

Neither do "Trump supporters." Funny how that works on both sides, depending on what side you're on!

When someone can use your own arguments against yourself, you need to think up new arguments. Much like when you cast a blanket on anybody who's against trump being a "Libtard," then saying "Libtards" think anybody who supports Trump is a Nazi.

Wow, you really got me there....I'm stating a fact with regards to the deportations and you state your opinion, at this rate you're not going to get that high score you were hoping for, might cost you a few more quarters but keep trying.
    Quarters? Perhaps that's why we differ in opinion, since we're no longer in 1965. You're playing Pole Position, and we're over here in 2017, much like the guys waving those Confederate flags in Virginia thinking "The South Will Rise Again!" still think they're 5 score and 7 years ago.

(But we all know you don't affiliate with them, you just embrace the same time period and ideology.)

And again, you state a "fact" being based on your own opinion should be taken as truth, yet you negate MY factual opinions?

So what did liberals expect? When you tell me how ironic it is that i'm redirecting the criticism at you it's irony? So are conservative to lay down and play nice? Here is a comparison for you, who has been protesting and rioting and instigating mayhem and civil unrest after the election. While you're comparing how come we didn't see that after 2008 and 2012?
    I believe others already shot down this argument (hint, earlier today, scroll up). Now, if you didn't elect to read those arguments, not my fault, but I'll definitely let those responses do the talking, and let you do the responding by scrolling up.

Although I already feel the "New York Times is fake news" argument coming up. I give Trump one thing...

He's definitely given his base very basic talking points that they all can gather around with.

I never though the K.I.S.S mentality would catch on. But then I have to re-read George Carlin's epic quote....

Kills me when Republican apologist bring up "There were no riots when Obama was elected". As if they should get a cookie.
    That's most likely because the country and the world as a matter of fact were not being threatened. Please see results of previous 8 years under Obama if you need proof that the world wasn't ending.
    When you elect a clown that supports racist elements and insults every country and person that do not support him, expect people with sense to resist. Please see first 6 months under Trump.
    It really is that simple.
    If anyone else had been elected, let's say Paul Ryan for example. People would be pissed, me included, but I wouldn't feel like we just made the worst mistake of our entire countries existence like I did and still do about Trump. It's all very relative.

Let's talk about what in fact happened after the 2008 election, Steelhead. Republicans in Congress cynically vowed to oppose everything that the Obama administration was trying to accomplish. and this "party of no" opposition also became characteristic of the so-called "Tea Party."

Here is an article about it. This was a full fledged Republican conspiracy against Obama and the Democrats. http://swampland.time.com/2012/08/23...bstruct-obama/

I've got to respond to this. You talk about protesting and civil unrest after the election of 2016. Yet you say they were no protesting in 2008 and 2012 after Obama won. There was the same viger of protesting, but it was age bias. In 2016 young people both men and women took to the streets to protest the election results. In 2008 and in 2012 the "OLD mostly White people protested too!!" It was called the Tea Party movement!!!! Since they were mostly old white people who couldn't march. They instead had thousands of Town Hall meetings to protest Obama Presidency!!! Does any of this sound familiar???? Did I jog you memory at all??? It was a protest, just in a different form based on their age. Where is the Tea Party Now???? Back at home in their Rockin Chairs since the Republicans now control the government. If the Democrats win back control of the government in say 2020, do you not think they will be some kind of movement protesting them???? Of course there will be!!! It's amazing how you Conservatives only see things that fit your mind set.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 08-21-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Yes I do remember the tea party movement and no it was no where near the same level of violence,
    property destruction that antifa terrorists and BLM have wreaked in their protest. The democrat party has hitched their wagons to these movements but BLM started from Obama and Eric holder's corrupt DOJ taking the side of a criminal over a policeman. It's funny how you all criticize the president for putting his foot in his mouth but everyone overlooks the fact that the last president jumped out in front of a story and sided with the criminal before all the facts were out. His own keystone DOJ run by the racist Holder tried as they may was unable to prove misconduct on the part of the policeman who was attacked. All this while a good part of Missouri burned down and a few years later and dozens of policeman killed and wounded in the line of duty because of the divider in chief. Thanks democrats

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I've got to respond to this. You talk about protesting and civil unrest after the election of 2016. Yet you say they were no protesting in 2008 and 2012 after Obama won. There was the same viger of protesting, but it was age bias. In 2016 young people both men and women took to the streets to protest the election results. In 2008 and in 2012 the "OLD mostly White people protested too!!" It was called the Tea Party movement!!!! Since they were mostly old white people who couldn't march. They instead had thousands of Town Hall meetings to protest Obama Presidency!!! Does any of this sound familiar???? Did I jog you memory at all??? It was a protest, just in a different form based on their age. Where is the Tea Party Now???? Back at home in their Rockin Chairs since the Republicans now control the government. If the Democrats win back control of the government in say 2020, do you not think they will be some kind of movement protesting them???? Of course there will be!!! It's amazing how you Conservatives only see things that fit your mind set.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast