Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epic Road Trip, July 2017 photos

Default Epic Road Trip, July 2017 photos

These are photos of some of the many fish that we caught on our recent trip. We fished in Alabama, Colorado and Utah.

1. Zunliang with a small Freshwater Drum at Ditto Landing in Alabama (a first for us)

2. Zunliang with a small White Bass at Ditto Landing in Alabama (another first for us)

3. Channel Catfish at Madison County Public Fishing Lake in Alabama

4. Zunliang with a Bluegill at Madison County Public Fishing Lake in Alabama

5. Me with the 12 inch Grayling that I caught at Joe Wright Reservoir in Colorado. I also caught a smaller one. These were my first two Arctic Grayling.

6. Catch of the day Brookies from Sprague Lake in Rocky Mountain National Park

7. A Walleye that I caught at Loveland Lake in Colorado. I caught another one later, around dusk.

8. A large Yellow Perch that I caught the same afternoon at Loveland Lake.

9. Zunliang with her first Walleye, at Starvation Reservoir in Utah. She caught a larger one later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02695.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	50251   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02711.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	50252   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02702.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	50253   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02704.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	50254   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02751.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	50255  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02763.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	50256   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02772.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	50257   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02777.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	50258   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02831.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	50259  
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 08-11-2017 at 04:13 PM.

Awesome report. Love the pic of the fish on ice. Utah is bad *****

Very nice,looks like good times and good memories!

Cya Tuna Vic

Love the report, my family and I
    took are first trip to Eastern Sierra
    great trip but thought nobody would be
    interested in are fishing adventures.
    To leave a report on here.

Thank you, Chucky, Tunavic and Sodapop. Of course, there was a lot of driving and sightseeing too, in addition to our low budget fishing, and it all worked out really well. Utah and Colorado are both great places to fish. Fish aren't hard to catch in Alabama, either.

I used to write long reports, but then circumstances made it difficult for me to fish much for a few years, and this time, I decided to do it with pictures. :)

That's quite the variety of fish!

Quote Originally Posted by teejay View Post
    That's quite the variety of fish!
    That's what happens when you drive to Alabama and back on a fishing trip. LOL

that looks fun. nice photos

, Zunliang wants to go to Florida this winter for a vacation. At least it's not hurricane season. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    , Zunliang wants to go to Florida this winter for a vacation. At least it's not hurricane season. LOL
    It's an interesting vacation. If you go up to Orlando it's very similar to Orange County CA. lol The keys are very nice and the fishing around Key Largo in the tidal flats is definitely worth doing!!! (Key Largo is the first Key and Key West is the last Key) I told my buddy we couldn't go to Key West. It would be too much of a temptation to take one of the descendants of Ernest Hemingway 6 toed cat's home. lol We did fish out of the landing that is at the end of the Everglades National refuge. We caught a huge variety of fish, Red fish, Snook, you might even get a Tarpon, Sharks and plenty of Sea Trout (aka Brown trout that lives in sea water) and Sail Catfish. A Channel Catfish that evolved into a Salt Water Catfish with a huge Dorsal fin that looks like a Sail! Me and my Buddy Alan C&R over 120 fish on a 3/4 day trip with a guide. The Mosquito's are thick on land but when you get over the Ocean their not there.

You might be a little old for South Beach but it's Spring Break there year round!! I did have the best meal of my life there, a fresh lobster tail with all the trimmings!!! Yum Yum!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-29-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast