Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Big Yellowtail in Newport

Default Big Yellowtail in Newport

What's up guys.

Landed a nice 31lb yellowtail in Newport over the weekend. Caught it in 40 ft of water of a live Mack! Was fishing calicos.

https://youtu.be/0mIj_wmgerU

Thanks,

Case Bruton
    805AnglingBrothers

Quote Originally Posted by 805AnglingBrothers View Post
    What's up guys.

Landed a nice 31lb yellowtail in Newport over the weekend. Caught it in 40 ft of water of a live Mack! Was fishing calicos.

https://youtu.be/0mIj_wmgerU

Thanks,

Case Bruton
    805AnglingBrothers
    I saw the video nice fish!!! When it comes to anyone's post I try not to say anything negative. Yet in my 40 years of fishing the party boats with "CRANKY SKIPPERS". If I fished using my thumb the way it was done in the video and heaven forbid lost that fish. I might as well go down in the bunk room and hide for the rest of the trip, to avoid the wrath of the skipper!!! I probably would still get some crap from the deck hand as I was leaving the boat. (Just words of advice on how not to fight a fish on a local cattle boat.) Anyone who has fished with Bruce on the Sport King and been told to straight wind their fish knows what I'm talking about. lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 07-06-2017 at 08:39 AM.

Way to go man!!!!
    Nice fish for sure����

Cm

Amazing how hard tails over 25lbs pull,as your 14min plus battle attests. Nice catch and PB!

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I saw the video nice fish!!! When it comes to anyone's post I try not to say anything negative. Yet in my 40 years of fishing the party boats with "CRANKY SKIPPERS". If I fished using my thumb the way it was done in the video and heaven forbid lost that fish. I might as well go down in the bunk room and hid for the rest of the trip, to avoid the wrath of the skipper!!! I probably would still get some crap from the deck hand as I would be leaving the boat. (Just words of advice on how not to fight a fish on a local cattle boat.) Anyone who has fished with Bruce on the Sport King and been told to straight wind their fish knows what I'm talking about. lol
    Yes I agree with you! My dad told me the same thing, thanks for the advice.

Bruce... LOLOL yeah he would be screaming all sorts of things at everyone.