Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Float Tube Fishing - Queensway Bay Tips and Tricks

Default Float Tube Fishing - Queensway Bay Tips and Tricks

One of my viewers asked me to do a video about launching out of SouthShore Launch ramp and fishing Queensway Bay, so I put this video together to introduce people to this location.

For boaters, Queensway is a place you go through to get where you really want to be, but for 'yakers and float tubers, Queensway *is* the place you want to be and a great little "secret" spot.

What people tend to forget is that Queensway is an estuary - it's where the fresh water of the Los Angeles river meets the saltwater of the ocean and estuaries are fish magnets. They're spawning grounds and nurseries and just generally places with lots of fish doing lots of different things. The other thing people don't know about Queensway is that it's shallow. Most of it is 10 ft deep or less.

There are two major drawbacks to fishing Queensway. The first is the tides. You can't mess with the tides, especially at Queensway bridge. If you get caught trying to kick back to SouthShore launch ramp against a halfway strong outgoing tide, you're going to be in trouble. I only go to SouthShore when I can ride the out-going tide away from the ramp in the morning and then ride the in-coming tide back at noon. It's not a place to go without checking the tides.

The other major drawback is the boat traffic. The big boats like the Catalina Express are easy to avoid because they stay inside the channel marker buoys, so you know where they are going to be when you see them coming, but the recreational boaters go everywhere and so you have to stay aware of what's coming your way, especially if you get out into the flats where the real action is. Be careful, this is not a place for the oblivious.

But it is a place for fish and I think one of the least known and least appreciated spots out there.

Well put together video Sir . Very informative lot skill in its presentation.

Another excellent video sir! Corbin's and croaker this time as well! Was it difficult keeping your bait out of the eel grass on those flats? Again nice job

I was fishing Hookup Baits, which seem to not get snagged as much, and I don't let the bait sit on the bottom at all. I have had weed issues there and I do take weedless rigs with me.

steady action for sure,
    should be a lot of bonita
    in there very soon!!!!

cm