Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishing below the Santa Ana River Dam in Corona

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by riverbud55 View Post
    never heard of the Santa Ana river dam,,, anywhere close to Prado Dam????
    Yep, same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

While I do agree that pounding the shoreline this day in age puts you at a severe disadvantage than guys on a boat, there is still plenty of times where a shore angler can get quality fish to go, without 2 laptops installed in the console of a $75k bass boat.

Is that Al's boat??? Effing rich *** journeyman lol.....

It used to be good there for channel cats about 10 yrs. ago before they fenced it off

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

While I do agree that pounding the shoreline this day in age puts you at a severe disadvantage than guys on a boat, there is still plenty of times where a shore angler can get quality fish to go, without 2 laptops installed in the console of a $75k bass boat.
    Shorline fishing at my local lake dvl can and often is much more productive than out of a boat especially for big fish. However the j/v rattlesnakes had the last word so i found an old saltwater cat hull skiff and took what i learned from shore onto the water. find structure drop anchor turn all graphs off and give it 15/20 min. Boom... Went to one spot on thurs got several 3+ lbers and one 7lb! One spot two baits and a shorline stealth mentality! it was all good! However the thing is... doesnt matter how good the fishing is whenever a big bad *** boat gets anywhere near me the fish always SHUT DOWN go figure ... Right!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12