Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing below the Santa Ana River Dam in Corona

1. Default Fishing below the Santa Ana River Dam in Corona

I don't see a viable way to get here, but these guys made it in somehow:

Used to be you could park off the freeway and walk down. Totally gated off now. Interesting.
    Last edited by carpanglerdude; 08-03-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Did you ever fish the ponds near the Elsinore specialty stores along the freeway?

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    I don't see a viable way to get here, but these guys made it in somehow.
    The video starts with a disclaimer that pretty much explained that after fishing when they were walking back to their vehicles, CHP pulled them over and checked their licenses, then explained that they couldn't be fishing there because according to Manuel the Fisherman,

"it was federal property."

Now, I assume that he means it's US Army Corp of Engineers property.

In any case, Manuel said the CHP officers let them go with a warning after verifying their licenses, and then asked who had cut the chain to the gates to park their vehicles. Luckily, it wasn't Manuel's crew.

Sooo...i don't think you can fish that particular section. He mentioned something the officer confirming you could fish "from where the trees start and down." I don't know the area to know what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    The video starts with a disclaimer that pretty much explained that after fishing when they were walking back to their vehicles, CHP pulled them over and checked their licenses, then explained that they couldn't be fishing there because according to Manuel the Fisherman,

In any case, Manuel said the CHP officers let them go with a warning after verifying their licenses, and then asked who had cut the chain to the gates to park their vehicles. Luckily, it wasn't Manuel's crew.

Sooo...i don't think you can fish that particular section. He mentioned something the officer confirming you could fish "from where the trees start and down." I don't know the area to know what that means.
    Mr Shadow ... What it means is simple ... Everyone who fishes freshwater in So Cal needs A 18-20 foot bass boat with a 2500 hp motor and the latest NASA tech if they want any hope of catching a fish!

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    Everyone who fishes freshwater in So Cal needs A 18-20 foot bass boat with a 2500 hp motor and the latest NASA tech if they want any hope of catching a fish!

While I do agree that pounding the shoreline this day in age puts you at a severe disadvantage than guys on a boat, there is still plenty of times where a shore angler can get quality fish to go, without 2 laptops installed in the console of a $75k bass boat.

There are signs that say no trespassing federal property. Just drove by the other day and saw them in the spots that people used to park in

7. Default

DS Spanish game is strong!

Thank you for the translation. I believe the "trees down" refers to where the concrete spillway transitions into the tree-lined riverbed.

Manuel got really lucky.

While I do agree that pounding the shoreline this day in age puts you at a severe disadvantage than guys on a boat, there is still plenty of times where a shore angler can get quality fish to go, without 2 laptops installed in the console of a $75k bass boat.
    Considering most freshwater fishing holes in So Cal require getting off and on the lake after or before the best bite occurs the shoreline is at times superior to 75k bass boats.

Bad to bone Boat with 2500 hp . I though mine was tuff with 200hp V6

never heard of the Santa Ana river dam,,, anywhere close to Prado Dam????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast