Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Going to venture out to Pyramid on 8/5

Default Going to venture out to Pyramid on 8/5

Are there any reports of striper or LMB action at this lake? I haven't been here for a few months since being skunked. Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hit it early. Mucho lake lice.

No word. Crickets. Have not fished Pyramid since April and we did OK, mostly large and smallmouth on hard baits, one small striper. Gonna try it in September.

Fished Pyramid once this summer, and caught a few schoolie/dink stripers, all 2lbs or less.

Fished Castaic ~7 days later and caught 4 stripers over 6 lbs. Same techniques, rigs, lures, depths, trolling speeds, etc...

Guess where I'm going to be spending my summer?

Whelp, I didn't get in at Pyramid as planned. Apparently I failed at the inspection with a little of water in my bilge. I had told the inspector that my boat was last at Diamond Valley about 3 weeks ago and still did not let me in. He did tell me that I can go to Piru since they allow anyone. How does an infested lake not allow boaters with little water on even after seeing that I have a tag from DVL? SMH. On another note bout Piru, it is bad there. Bass was biting pretty good but were so small to inhale the senkos we were throwing. We did catch some of them small ones for some action but surely that lake needs major help and renovation.

Thanks guys for the feedback and hopefully I can visit Castaic or Pyramid in the future.