Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Another New One for Me

Default Another New One for Me

I caught this guy in flats of Queensway channel. He was a good fighter and I wouldn't mind catching more of them, but I have no idea what it is.

Here's the video and some zoom-in stills. The mouth was small and I'm pretty sure there was some sort of barbel hanging down.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	what.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	50201Click image for larger version. 

Name:	what2.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	50202

Nice Corbina!

Corbina, of course! I've caught them before in the surf, but this guy was darker than I'm used to. I knew that little barbel was important. Thanks!

Nice catch Bob,he did look a little darker,one of the cool things about the salt as you know is you never know....!

Cya Tuna Vic

Thanks, Vic. As a matter of fact, I got surveyed by a DFW girl when I got out of the water and she said I was the species leader for the day - halibut, barred sand bass, lizardfish, mackerel, Yellow Fin Croaker, Queenfish, spotted bay bass and this guy who got entered as "undetermined."

You really do never know...