Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: The Cell Phone.

Default The Cell Phone.

Do you think some people are addicted to them. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cell-phone-addiction-03.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	50198Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cell-phone-addiction-05-740x958.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	50199Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cell-phone-addiction-07.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	50200

True,kinda makes you think what will it be like in 20yrs?

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    Do you think some people are addicted to them.
    I think so. So much that it'll be soon included in the new DSM.

But, because cell phones are really handy, it's hard not to be attached to them. Remember the days of pulling out the ole Rand McNally maps trying to figure out where you are? Or pulling over to use a pay phone? Or having to call 411 to get the phone number of a particular place? Or not knowing who the starting 2nd baseman was for the LA Dodgers in the 1988 World Series in game 1 so you'd have to go the library to figure it out? The cell phone has revolutionized a lot of things.

Of course, if you're using your phone to see how many "Likes" you got when you posted the picture of the sandwich that you ate for lunch, then....perhaps you should be looking up "narcissism" in the dictionary, which you can now do, thanks to cell phones.

You'd think having knowledge at your fingertips would make people smarter tho....

Do you think some people are addicted to them. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cell-phone-addiction-03.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	50198Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cell-phone-addiction-05-740x958.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	50199Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cell-phone-addiction-07.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	50200
    Einstein was 100% correct and we're well on our way

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I think so. So much that it'll be soon included in the new DSM.

But, because cell phones are really handy, it's hard not to be attached to them. Remember the days of pulling out the ole Rand McNally maps trying to figure out where you are? Or pulling over to use a pay phone? Or having to call 411 to get the phone number of a particular place? Or not knowing who the starting 2nd baseman was for the LA Dodgers in the 1988 World Series in game 1 so you'd have to go the library to figure it out? The cell phone has revolutionized a lot of things.

Of course, if you're using your phone to see how many "Likes" you got when you posted the picture of the sandwich that you ate for lunch, then....perhaps you should be looking up "narcissism" in the dictionary, which you can now do, thanks to cell phones.

You'd think having knowledge at your fingertips would make people smarter tho....
    Yeah those new of type phones really are something now days my wife has one and we used it for driving directions this morning to get to a softball game from Riverside to South Gate, a voice just told us how to get there, it made it so easy and was so correct. As it is I still have my seven year old flip phone. Kinda makes me want one of them their new fangled ones but really don't need one. All though I still think a lot of people are addicted to them, they are in their hand just walking in to the 7-11 to get a cup of coffee among other places, oh well that's how it is these days no big deal.

Yup, technology has taken hold of us people, when in fact it should be the other way around.

....oh well that's how it is these days no big deal.
    Those pics that were originally posted made me think of these classics:

Maybe the addictive aspect of cell phones is why I have never had one. LOL

Being I work for the death star and sell them for a living, um ya, there a quite a few people " addicted " to them and society along with social networking has gotten overboard with them. You know why I like fishing in Canada ? Cause for a week, my phone did not work. It use to be great. Having everyone on the island disconnected from the rest of the world. Now we have perfect service on the island..................

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Maybe the addictive aspect of cell phones is why I have never had one. LOL
    I used to hear the same thing from my grandfather, bless his soul.