Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Santa Ana River Lakes

Default Santa Ana River Lakes

Noticed that this is no longer a very active message board. But, if anyone can shed some light on how that lake NOW operates, it would be appreciated.

I once lived in O.C. and fished the lake frequently through the years for catfish. Moved to Ventura Cty. over a year ago. Everytime I have business in LA, I try to arrange my schedule to be able to fish the lake. I have a soft spot for the memories there.

In the last four months I've left three polite info requests on their website. The questions were general. NEVER ONE RESPONSE. Is this lake under new management? Why have a "leave message requests" portion on the website, when they are not going to respond to all info requests?

Someone mentioned that lake personnel no longer bother with what they deem trivial requests -- now that many of the closed Irvine Lake customers frequent their lake. If so, it sounds like poor business reasoning because Irvine will one day open again.....

I have no ax to grind with lake personnel. The lake is still well-maintained. Maybe there's another email address to reach them. Know of one?

Quote Originally Posted by hugo c View Post
    Maybe there's another email address to reach them. Know of one?
    Doing a public WHOIS on their website may help, although the information may be out of date:

Admin Contact

Name: Gregory Elliott
    Organization: Corona Recreation Inc.
    Mailing Address: 4060 E. La Palma Ave., Anaheim California 92807 US
    Phone: +1.7148032955
    Ext:

Fax: +1.7146661097
    Fax Ext:
    Email:fishinglakes@yahoo.com

Don't know if you've been emailing 'info@fishinglakes.com' but now you have a Yahoo address as well.

Good luck!

I've been fishing that lake since they opened. I never thought they were the bend over backwards kinda people who ran the place. (no big deal!!!) I was able to figure everything I needed to know about the place on my own. If it's a general kinda question you would like to know. Ask it here!!! There is a fair amount of people on this website who know quite a bit about the place.

They answer pretty quickly on there Facebook page if you message them directly.

Went once was so embarrassed never could ever go back there again . I mean it a mud hole with some water .

Thanks for the "heads up", Dark Shadow. Appreciated. I'll give the Yahoo address a try. Can't hurt.

Etuckier, thanks for the info. I agree. The management is not the "bend over backwards" type. I'm going to try Yahoo email and Facebook. But, like you, when I fished it regularly years ago I bypassed asking for help from lake personnel. Just kind of quietly figured it out, like you.

It's just that I now live quite a ways from it and needed feedback for the few times I'm in the area.

Thanks again for chimming in..................

Topgun, I may try Facebook. Thanks...................