Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No Fishing Near Docks + Report

the thing about those signs though is you need to find out who put it up. and if its even legit. ive seen it on youtube. people think they own the water ect and put no fishing signs up and they really have 0 authority on the matter. but it deters people from fishing there. usually libs who think fishing should be a crime.

Nope. Usually conservatives who think they own everything that they can get their grubby little hands on.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Nope. Usually conservatives who think they own everything that they can get their grubby little hands on.
    Let me pile on with Natural Lefty. A true Conservative thinks the only good governmental spending is on the military and police. (private enterprise like a pay lake is true to their philosophy) It's the Liberal philosophy that government should do things to make people lives easier and more enjoyable. If Conservative really had their way, they would slash every budget they could except the military. So public waters would either be privatize or made to pay their own way without any governmental financial assistance. Don't like the fees your paying now to fish Lake Perris. Imagine paying the fees similar to Corona lake, a total private enterprise.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 08-05-2017 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Let me pile on with Natural Lefty. A true Conservative thinks the only good governmental spending is on the military and police. (private enterprise like a pay lake is true to their philosophy) It's the Liberal philosophy that government should do things to make people lives easier and more enjoyable. If Conservative really had their way, they would slash every budget they could except the military. So public waters would either be privatize or made to pay their own way without any governmental financial assistance. Don't like the fees your paying now to fish Lake Perris. Imagine paying the fees similar to Corona lake, a total private enterprise.
    Some folks have asked why the number of fishing reports has dropped dramatically. This **** is why.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    Some folks have asked why the number of fishing reports has dropped dramatically. This **** is why.
    I have noticed their is not much life on the board. I always look specifically at DVL and Perris. The last action on DVL was july 5th and if it wasnt for a tough guy threatening "to kick and *** and take names" the Perris board would be dead as well.

Well said, ETucker. They would privatize everything. I can already see that happening, with fewer and fewer local waters available to the public. Corona Lake is currently closed even though full, by the way. Arrowhead no longer has any public access (it used to until about 10 years ago.) Vail Lake is now only open to people who buy a vacation home there or some such. And I am sure that there are other examples in the area.

As for the liveliness of this board, it seems to me that ETucker is one of the liveliest members, if not the most. Notice that my comment above was in response to another member, who made the topic political, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    No it's not!!!! It's part mathematics, part environmental and economic reasons and I can prove what I'm talking about!!!! Click on Forum on the start page and scroll down to the bottom. It gives how many members are viewing (who they are also) and how many non members are viewing. When I joined FNN back in 2011 the ratio of non members to members was 7-8 to 1. Now it's 30-150 to 1 non members viewing to members. Fish reports can only be written by a member!!!! Now a day's most people would just rather read then participate.

In the past when there were more members just more fish reports were being written. (that's a numbers game) There was also a lot of more haters back then who would attack fish reports. The most common reason given (for being a hater) was you were burning my favorite fishing locations. A strange thing then happened about 18 months ago and continues on to this day. The "Hater's" on fish report stopped hating. So you would think some of the old members who were burned in the past on writing fish reports. Would and should start writing fish reports again. Unfortunately that hasn't happened. I guess once you get flamed by people, you develop a long memory on the experience.

It also doesn't help that we lost Irvine lake, Corona lake and LNL. A lot of fish reports came out of those 3 lakes. Or the DFG stopped or cut back on their fish planting. (that wrecked the Park reports) Also what happened to the "Killer Striper bite" at Diamond Valley. (a lot of reports were written on that one) El Nino has been gone for over a year now and that wrecked the writing of many Salt Water fishing reports. The drought also wrecked the streams reports. Also for personal reasons, we lost the people up North who were great reporters for their region. A few prima donas also left for other reasons too. Those are the real reasons why the amount of fish reports have dropped. Not for correcting someones misguided political beliefs.

PS I practice what I preach!!! I'll write up any half way decent fishing experience that I have. In doing so, "I became the number 1 writer" (quantity) of fish reports on FNN.

PPS I just did a fact check of members to non members at 8:20 pm Saturday. I won't count myself because I was just fact checking. There was 256 non members viewing and only 2 members viewing. Divide 2 into 256, that's a ratio of 128 to 1 non members to members. That's a huge difference, no wonder there are so few fish reports available to read!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 08-05-2017 at 08:29 PM.

I live in Loudon TN now on the TN river. 45 seconds from the launch ramp.... the free launch ramp, with no inspections. Stripers galore, tailwater fishing, monster catfish, muskies..........pinch me, I wanna make sure I am not dreaming !!!!! Just got back from Canada, and this was a tough trip on the fishing this year. But it was still awesome !

I agree about those reasons, ETucker. I am one of those who doesn't report as much as before. I could report about the big, multistate trip that my wife and I just took, but there are more compelling things for me to do. I also was a victim of haters at times, but mostly it was the political atmosphere that caused me and several others to go to Facebook (where among other things, we often consult each other about fishing). Irvine Lake is another one that we have lost. I didn't know about LNL. I thought it was still open, but maybe they stopped stocking it.

I think that the mediocre fishing in California from the drought and whatever is happening in the ocean these past few years is not to be underestimated in causing the number of fishing reports to decline. Perhaps the number of reports will go back up now that the drought is officially over. Perris Lake for instance is scheduled to be refilled next year, which should help the fishing there.

Muskyman, one of our stops on the trip was on the Tennessee River backwaters. My wife and I caught quite a few small fish there, but it was fun. She caught a Freshwater Drum and 2 small White Bass, which we had never caught before. I missed out on those but was happy for her just the same. This was at Ditto Landing near Huntsville.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 08-05-2017 at 06:51 PM.

I joined FN just over a year ago just to get some insight to the local fishing. I just started bass fishing after 50 + years fishing the Sierras. There were far more posts just a year ago. I have seen many people chastised for writing reports. The way I look at it we're all in this together, so I have no problem sharing intel. The only problem is I haven't figured these damn So Cal bass out. I'd love to see more posts here. I check for Perris and DVL regularly also. I've gone to Clear Lake and Shasta, and done very well. Wish we had lakes like that here. As for politics, leave that for another forum.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast