Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: No Fishing Near Docks + Report

Let me put my 2 cents in about Clear lake too!!!! About 3 years ago the single most exciting thread to me was written here on FNN about Clear lake. 2 FNN board members went up in May to fish the Catfish Derby. In 3 days of hard fishing they caught either 700 lbs of catfish or 1000 lbs I can't be sure which. (it doesn't matter that's impressive!!!) Most of the fish were 8-15 pounds if I remember correctly and a few 20 pounders thrown in for good measure. That's not even fishing to me, but just plain killing it!!!!! (enough said)
    Last edited by etucker1959; 08-07-2017 at 08:19 PM.

I always knew Clear Lake was a bassers dream, but now your saying catfish and crappie as well??? I need to get to this mecca

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Are you suuuuuuuuure it wasn't 251?
    Could've been. We are both competitive, and have small side bets. I won of course 140-112. He did catch the biggest at 7.5.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    OK.. I want to know it all about Clear Lake. Best time of year?, how long of a drive is it, and where is the best places to stay and get meals for a few days. I would love to take the wife up there and catch some nice sized crappie. You can PM me if you'd like.
    I live in Chino, and it is about a 500 mile drive. It is about 100 miles outside of Sacramento near Napa Valley. It is the largest natural lake in California. It is 18 miles an 7 miles wide. We camp at the state park, but there are several hotels in the area. They have cabins at the state park with no real amenities for $60 a night. I believe there are about 7 cities on the lake. They have just about any type of restaurant you would like. Pogos pizza in Kelseyville has some of the best pizza I've ever had. Spring is supposed to be the best time for Crappie during the spawn. If you go to Clear Lake Outdoors bait shop in Lake Port, they are extremely helpful with tips. He told me that 5,000 crappie a week are caught during the spawn. We marked massive schools on Henderson Point. My son caught several in the 2-3 lb. range. I will guarantee you won't regret your trip.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    I always knew Clear Lake was a bassers dream, but now your saying catfish and crappie as well??? I need to get to this mecca
    We weren't even fishing for them either. Oh and I forgot to mention blue gill. I caught only 1 on a Senko, but guys were catching 20 + an hour right off the docks at the state park. And nobody tried to jump them either lol.

You mean I can actually fish off the public docks without paying a fee, getting ticketed, and getting my backside punished, violated, or threatened? Next your gonna tell me the lake is open 24-7. This place is heaven on earth.
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 08-08-2017 at 12:20 PM.

You mean I can actually fish off the public docks without paying a fee, getting ticketed, and getting my backside punished, violated, or threatened? Next your gonna tell me the lake is open 24-7. This place is heaven on earth.
    it is open 24/7. I have never fished at night though. when we went in June the weather was not great, so I never even considered it.

Quote Originally Posted by MillsapBoyz View Post
    it is open 24/7. I have never fished at night though. when we went in June the weather was not great, so I never even considered it.
    So no launch fees, parking fees, tagging fees, inspections, and waiting at the gate for the employees to open up???? Mr. Milsap ( or his bro) this place sounds amazing. Next your gonna tell me I can actually touch the water and make body contact.

One more thing, and I think I know the answer… can you float tube there, and do you have to launch from certain places, like boat launching ramps, or can I just get in anywhere?

So no launch fees, parking fees, tagging fees......
    Let's not get too excited, it is in California still. I'm sure there will be a fee or two somewhere mixed in. .....

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast