Fished Lake Perris for a brief period yesterday evening. In the past, I used to do exceptionally well at dusk fishing for big bluegill and redears with micro topwater lures and flys just to either side of the docks at the marina. Would always have a crowd in that location, no problems fishing there. That was about 3-4 years ago.

When I arrived yesterday, there was two no fishing signs along the beach that faces the marina. I ended up walking to the last sign and fishing just outside of it, catching one small bluegill on a topwater Yo-Zuri Aile Kilifish. I can't recall if those no fishing signs on the beach were there in the past or not, but I certainly remember plenty of people fishing there.

Additionally, while fishing, an older gentleman and his grandchildren arrived at the docks to fish, and were accosted by a belligerent younger man (he did not appear to be an employee, was just hanging out with a few female friends), who tried to stop him from fishing off the dock, by stating that no fishing was allowed at all in that area. This was after hours, the pay-to-fish area of the dock at the end had been closed for a while, and the older man was just fishing off the dock outside of the fenced off region. I've seen plenty of people fishing here before as well, but as I haven't been to the lake in several years I don't know if anything has changed. Anyway, the two got into a fairly heated argument, nearly ending in a fight until they were separated, with the younger individual mostly being the aggressor. Not sure why he was so charged up about fishing or not in that area, anyone seen this before at the marina?

Tight lines!