Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Flips Fishing  Pete Marino Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 81

Thread: No Fishing Near Docks + Report

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Thooget of Humilityland
    Posts
    11,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    And I do believe he had a monster truck....with a pair of those balls hanging off the back bumper....
    And I bet he has more than a few TapouT shirts in his collection, and has used, "Do you even lift, brah?" once today.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    I went to Clear Lake for the first time in April, caught a large Crappie on my first cast (from shore at the state park), on a Trout Magnet, and continued catching from there. I agree that it is a remarkable fishery. I have yet to fish Shasta, though.
    I have been to Clear Lake twice in June, and it was solid, but my son and I went last August and caught 252!!! We have caught a 12 lb. Cat (on a Senko), Crappie, and Bluegill, but mostly bass. Went to Shasta a couple of days this past July and caught 20 + a day, almost all Smallies. It was good, but it's no Clear Lake. I do not fish for Crappie per se, but the guy at the local bait shop told me that there are 5,000 + a week pulled out during spawning season during I believe March. We were marking schools of what I believe were Crappie in June this year, and they were schools of several hundred if not more. My son caught several using a white spinner bait. It's crazy that we come home and get skunked at DVL. Caught 3 last week at Perris before the lake lice ran us out.
    Last edited by MillsapBoyz; 08-07-2017 at 11:14 AM.

  3. #33

    Default

    You're correct, Fishmounter. Sorry to hijack your thread, Carpanglerdude. ETucker wanted to see more about my fishing, so I thought I would post some photos. I still haven't posted photos from my recent trip with my wife. We have Arctic Grayling photos, Walleye photos, Brookie photos, etc. ;)

    I was surprised to catch a large, pink meated trout from Lake Gregory. I guess I was just lucky, and it did taste good. Fishing Queen showed me a photo of one she caught there too. I have been fishing more this year, with notable catches at times, but lack of fish at others. Zunliang caught a lot of fish during our trip, too. I hope to get back to catching at Perris soon.

    I was trying for Crappie at Clear Lake, fishing from shore with jigs, and it was great until the rain and cold weather made the fish go away.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 08-07-2017 at 12:15 PM.

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    You're correct, Fishmounter. Sorry to hijack your thread, Carpanglerdude. ETucker wanted to see more about my fishing, so I thought I would post some photos. I still haven't posted photos from my recent trip with my wife. We have Arctic Grayling photos, Walleye photos, Brookie photos, etc. ;)

    I was surprised to catch a large, pink meated trout from Lake Gregory. I guess I was just lucky, and it did taste good. Fishing Queen showed me a photo of one she caught there too. I have been fishing more this year, with notable catches at times, but lack of fish at others. Zunliang caught a lot of fish during our trip, too. I hope to get back to catching at Perris soon.

    I was trying for Crappie at Clear Lake, fishing from shore with jigs, and it was great until the rain and cold weather made the fish go away.
    I'm not trying to thread jack, but I would love to hear about any ones great fishing trips. (Clear lake especially)

  5. #35

    Default

    Yes, I know, ETucker. Actually, I find it amusing when threads take twists and turns, as long as it doesn't turn nasty. I just don't know how everyone else feels about that.

    I really should post my trip photos. ;)

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Thooget of Humilityland
    Posts
    11,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MillsapBoyz View Post
    ...but my son and I went last August and caught 252!!!
    Are you suuuuuuuuure it wasn't 251?

  7. #37

    Default

    OK.. I want to know it all about Clear Lake. Best time of year?, how long of a drive is it, and where is the best places to stay and get meals for a few days. I would love to take the wife up there and catch some nice sized crappie. You can PM me if you'd like.

  8. Default

    Go without checking the board for a few days, come back to 4 pages on a thread. Very nice!

    Good to see some life in here. Unlike the fishing at the Lake Perris docks.

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    Go without checking the board for a few days, come back to 4 pages on a thread. Very nice!

    Good to see some life in here. Unlike the fishing at the Lake Perris docks.

    Nice job stirring the pot Carp!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hemet
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    Yah, what do you know an actual thread with a lot of good info and humor. I'm surprised the board hadn't crashed from all the action.

    THE Clear Lake talk has me drooling....252 fish...schools of crappie...12 pound catfish....even in my dreams do I rarely get catfish over 10 pounds. Not to mention more then, say, 50 fish days. Then I wake up to the " ho hum" scratch out six bass or so at Perris while dodging jet skiis.

    I'm almost tempted to not fish at all and save up my resources from all the not going fishing to take an annual big fishing trip with the monies i accumulate to...well....a place like Clear lake. Decide to stay home versus heading to DVL... $30 saved....12 gallons of gas there. Oh, that trip to Perris and that $225 annual fee for a year pass....that's two nights at Clear Lake. Heck, maybe three if I found a real budget Inn. How about all those trips to SARL. That's at least another $30 in Power Bait, a few hundred in entry fees, and $100 or so in gas. Hell, I could eat like a king with that at Clear Lake tip be damned.

    All this and I wouldn't have to worry about a guy trying to "kick 100% of my ***" for trying to catch 1% of the pan fish population at the Perris docks
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 08-07-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •