Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: No Fishing Near Docks + Report

Oh, in addition to catching several large Crappie at the state park in a couple of hours, I also caught a huge Goldfish there on a jig. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    Wow..nice looking pics...even a catfish. What's lurking in the brush in the night time pic???
    It's a Ram. We saw a couple of boars too. Never saw a snake, but it's called Rattlesnake Island. A couple of houses on the island too.

You guys are killing me here......I need to get out there ASAP. But I may have to settle for next June. I got time off in November and December, but im not sure that is good bassinet or not

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    You guys are killing me here......I need to get out there ASAP. But I may have to settle for next June. I got time off in November and December, but im not sure that is good bassinet or not
    From what I've seen and read it's good year round. Google Paul Bailey and Stoked on Fishing and you will find videos of them catching multiple fish 10 lbs. plus in December, but it was snowing. I actually first heard of Clear Lake on Stoked on Fishing. It took more than 122 lbs. to win the Bassmaster Elite at Clear Lake in 2007. As you can see, I did a massive amount of research before I went. I would probably suggest going in August if you can stand the heat. It is often 100+ in the summer. The fishing is good either month, but it was significantly better in August. We caught approximately 175 on a Craw colored Spro Rock Crawler in August before we lost both we had. I came straight home and bought 8 in various colors. The campground also closes during the winter months.

So I went to Perris Lake late this afternoon, and the marina was completely closed off. I have never seen it like that before. The launch ramp parking lots are now connected with one way roads, and a ranger overseeing the traffic. I think another may have been overseeing the boats. There were boats coming in so I could not go fishing on the launch ramp docks either. I went to the Sail Cove pier but only the end was in the water, and a father and son were fishing for catfish from the end. I nevertheless fished from the sides for about an hour, and nothing bit. I finally went to the jet ski ramp area, but it was completely out of the water and there was thick vegetation all the way down to the lake. It was a complete bust. Does anybody know why the marina is closed? Is that only after the store closes? (It was around 6 p.m.) I suppose I should have asked the parking lot ranger, but I was dumbfounded by the changes. I don't think the fishing will be good at Perris again until after the water level is raised back up.

I hear ya Lefty, a complete waste of 10 dollars,bait, time, etc.

Default Perris

I hear ya Lefty, a complete waste of 10 dollars, bait, time, etc.
    Last edited by castle; 08-26-2017 at 07:18 AM. Reason: duplicate post

One bit of "good news" relatively speaking, is that I found out from the weekly fishing report that the reason the marina was closed was only due to a power outage, so it was temporary. It was closed for 4 days.

i see a lot of people that are having bad trips at perris! the bass are biting well im getting anywhere from 10 to 20 a trip depending how much work I'm willing to put in. also the stripper bite has picked up for the guys that no how an were to target them i no of a 15 an a 22 pounder caught in the last 2 weeks. the bluegill bite is good also for fish from three quarters to one in a half pound fish. you can get close to a limit on those guys. perris is good right now there is a morning top water bite that doesn't last long but is fun. i fish from a float tube a lot but some of the spots i fish i don't need a float tube to fish them. i think i read there going to blue stone the lake on the September 12th again! last time they did that it shuffled the fish around. i don't fish on the weekends so i don't no what that is like. but i never got kicked off the launch ramp docks. i normally put my tackle bag with my extra rods in the sand an stay out the way of the boats. like i said perris is good right now get out there an figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by rucker View Post
    i see a lot of people that are having bad trips at perris! the bass are biting well im getting anywhere from 10 to 20 a trip depending how much work I'm willing to put in. also the stripper bite has picked up for the guys that no how an were to target them i no of a 15 an a 22 pounder caught in the last 2 weeks. the bluegill bite is good also for fish from three quarters to one in a half pound fish. you can get close to a limit on those guys. perris is good right now there is a morning top water bite that doesn't last long but is fun. i fish from a float tube a lot but some of the spots i fish i don't need a float tube to fish them. i think i read there going to blue stone the lake on the September 12th again! last time they did that it shuffled the fish around. i don't fish on the weekends so i don't no what that is like. but i never got kicked off the launch ramp docks. i normally put my tackle bag with my extra rods in the sand an stay out the way of the boats. like i said perris is good right now get out there an figure it out.
    I agree

I've been catching bass at perris all summer.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast