Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: No Fishing Near Docks + Report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default No Fishing Near Docks + Report

Fished Lake Perris for a brief period yesterday evening. In the past, I used to do exceptionally well at dusk fishing for big bluegill and redears with micro topwater lures and flys just to either side of the docks at the marina. Would always have a crowd in that location, no problems fishing there. That was about 3-4 years ago.

When I arrived yesterday, there was two no fishing signs along the beach that faces the marina. I ended up walking to the last sign and fishing just outside of it, catching one small bluegill on a topwater Yo-Zuri Aile Kilifish. I can't recall if those no fishing signs on the beach were there in the past or not, but I certainly remember plenty of people fishing there.

Additionally, while fishing, an older gentleman and his grandchildren arrived at the docks to fish, and were accosted by a belligerent younger man (he did not appear to be an employee, was just hanging out with a few female friends), who tried to stop him from fishing off the dock, by stating that no fishing was allowed at all in that area. This was after hours, the pay-to-fish area of the dock at the end had been closed for a while, and the older man was just fishing off the dock outside of the fenced off region. I've seen plenty of people fishing here before as well, but as I haven't been to the lake in several years I don't know if anything has changed. Anyway, the two got into a fairly heated argument, nearly ending in a fight until they were separated, with the younger individual mostly being the aggressor. Not sure why he was so charged up about fishing or not in that area, anyone seen this before at the marina?

Tight lines!

Sucks about the slower than average day. A decade ago, you'd go to Perris at dusk and catch fish till the skunks came crawling through your legs, both largemouth and big bluegill. Things have certainly...changed.

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    Not sure why he was so charged up....
    Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    ...was just hanging out with a few female friends
    Little boy trying to impress his female friends, perhaps?

Something tells me he drives a jacked up truck with a Monster decal on the rear window, along with the ole "Calvin-peein'-on-the-hated-rival-truck-manufacturer's-logo" sticker right next to that.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Sucks about the slower than average day. A decade ago, you'd go to Perris at dusk and catch fish till the skunks came crawling through your legs, both largemouth and big bluegill. Things have certainly...changed.

Little boy trying to impress his female friends, perhaps?

Something tells me he drives a jacked up truck with a Monster decal on the rear window, along with the ole "Calvin-peein'-on-the-hated-rival-truck-manufacturer's-logo" sticker right next to that.
    The truck should be 'blacked out' as well with tinted windows you can't see out of.

This certainly is new to me, but the young guy meant business and must go around giving threatening fisticuffs to anyone that crosses his path. Probably the same guy that threatened " to give me so many lefts I'd be begging for a right" if I didn't give him a wider birth at the launch. This guy walked with a big stick and had a chip on his shoulder. And I do believe he had a monster truck....with a pair of those balls hanging off the back bumper....
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 08-03-2017 at 06:15 PM.

I have not been there in a couple of months, but earlier this year, I fished from those docks after the gate was closed with no problem. Maybe that aggressive guy has been scaring people away recently. Argh! As for the fishing, panfish catching has been unusually slow this year, at least from shore, one reason I haven't been there more often. Also, I was on vacation recently with my wife on a multi-state trip, fishing and sightseeing, and we had much better luck than locally. :) It rained almost everyday though, and again on Tuesday in Moreno Valley after our return.

Well if theirs a guy willing to "kick tail and take names" to keep people off the docks maybe that is an indication the bite at the docks is currently off the hook and he is trying to save an epic bite all to himself. Hell, I am willing to take a little punishment for good quality panfishing.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    And I do believe he had a monster truck....with a pair of those balls hanging off the back bumper....
    And I bet he has more than a few TapouT shirts in his collection, and has used, "Do you even lift, brah?" once today.