Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: No Fishing Near Docks + Report

Largemouth, spotted, bluegills and caught a flathead last week
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170922_134236.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	50385   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170926_102523.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	50384   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170915_143621.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	50386   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170811_110521.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	50387   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170727_091031.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	50388  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170629_193118.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	50389   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170602_090118.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	50390  

Quote Originally Posted by SumoNinja View Post
    Doesn't a stringer through the LMB's gills make it hard for him to breathe?

Quote Originally Posted by NFCD I View Post
    Doesn't a stringer through the LMB's gills make it hard for him to breathe?
    I'm pretty sure it sucks for the fish, but it dies faster that way instead of dragging it along all day breathing correctly

It went into my belly that night anyway so it doesn't really matter does it? If it makes you feel better though I released the next 3 I caught after that
    Last edited by SumoNinja; 10-05-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SumoNinja View Post
    Were you in a float tube? Way to get them dude. I had bass one time I thought it was terrible. Maybe it was cooked wrong. Idk. How did you cook those bass?

I went to the marina docks late this afternoon/early evening, and the fishing was a little better than it has been there this year. I managed to catch an average size Bluegill (kept) and a small Bass (undersized and released) on worms, plus missed a few other bites. The fall months have always been one of the better times of the year for me to fish at Perris. I am still anxiously awaiting the completion of the dam renovation and refilling of the lake though.

I was the only person fishing there, except for the Kingfisher that kept begging me for fish and a Raccoon that was checking the shoreline. LOL
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 10-05-2017 at 09:55 PM.

SumoNinja, you caught that Flathead at Perris Lake? I have never heard of any in there and don't know how they would get there, other than perhaps from "bucket biologists." I don't think it gets Colorado River water, which is where the Flatheads are established. But I remember catching a Crappie when nobody knew that Perris Lake had them, or when we started catching LMB when people insisted that it was a Spotted Bass only lake, and me catching small Striped Bass a few years ago when they were mostly rumors at that stage, so new species keep getting into there. However, the Crappie, LMB and Striped Bass are all present in Silverwood Lake, which supplies the water to Perris Lake, so they always figured to get in there eventually.

The first "Bluegill" in your photos has the coloration and appearance of a Redear Sunfish, actually, by the way.

Natural Lefty… Yes there are some Flathead Catfish in the lake. I have seen a few caught. There may have been a few in the Channel Catfish stocking a while back. Diamond Valley has some too. There are even some in my local park, Fairmount. And yes that fish in the photo is indeed a Redear Sunfish.

Quote Originally Posted by MillsapBoyz View Post
    I have been to Clear Lake twice in June, and it was solid, but my son and I went last August and caught 252!!! We have caught a 12 lb. Cat (on a Senko), Crappie, and Bluegill, but mostly bass. Went to Shasta a couple of days this past July and caught 20 + a day, almost all Smallies. It was good, but it's no Clear Lake. I do not fish for Crappie per se, but the guy at the local bait shop told me that there are 5,000 + a week pulled out during spawning season during I believe March. We were marking schools of what I believe were Crappie in June this year, and they were schools of several hundred if not more. My son caught several using a white spinner bait. It's crazy that we come home and get skunked at DVL. Caught 3 last week at Perris before the lake lice ran us out.
    That pretty much sums up a lot of the lack of reports as well. No fish equals no reports. Most people won't report on crappy days and will only tell or show what they caught when they do report.

Yes, Brent. I think lack of success equates to lack of reports too. That's why I mentioned how unusually poor Lake Perris has been for me and those I have observed this year from docks, piers or shore, and my modest catches such as yesterday's. I do believe these good reports, but these are probably people who have been fishing Perris a lot this year, from boats or float tubes, so they know where the fish are and what is working, and even at that, they probably don't mention when their results are poor. I remember when lots of kids were catching their first fish there, and people on docks or shore were regularly pulling in fish, myself included. I am not seeing that these past few years, although there are still a lot of good fish in the lake, somewhere.

I have not caught a decent fish from shore at Perris since 2014. This season I decided to pass on any trips there for that reason. Whenever they refill the lake it may return to its past glory days.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast